Gas or diesel ?

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All valid points but the new destroyer of engines is emissions, high egr rates, dpfs and the new long oil change intervals. God forbid you plug a dpf...

I'm not disagreeing with you on that. DPFs suck, no way around it. once my warranty is up it's gone. High EGR all depends on what you are doing, max load towing? yeah its gunna be high, consistent lower weight towing (what most people do sledding) not going to be very high at all, the occasional hill maybe but thats it. And the oil changes i do full synth every 5000 km, expensive but so are engines haha.

unfortunately old school diesel thought is dead, its now the new school but its not THAT bad is all i'm saying, in some ways it could be a good thing.

Last edited:

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree but some food for thought here, my wife's 2011 vw tdi golf has a dpf no urea, when the dpf is plugged which looks like about 220-250000 km according to vagcom readings with the current ashload at 130000 km. I bought this car to run into the ground but that idea is fading as I add up potential future maintenance, a dpf is $3000 to replace as they are not serviceable, fuel pump if it grenades can be as much as $6-8000, (yes that is correct).

I love my 6.7 ford and I do think they are on to a good thing but if mandatory emissions ever comes to town diesel owners are going to get beat up trying to keep up with maintaining emissions equipment.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes.. replace exhaust, add malone tune similar to a truck scenario over 2k to do have to drop front suspension to get at dpf....But I guess my main point here is people are herded into the diesel believing they are saving money, I am really starting to have my doubts. Diesel power is so addicting though.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy white oakley's, a diesel, lift kit, chip it, straight pipe and roll coal all the way to Quartz!!! Everybody's doing it!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, only a sled deck and winter tires for me this year :) when we riding again?

Let me know anytime your riding down here and I'll let you know when I'm up in your area! Rumours are your TSS turbo has no jam ;)

Top Bottom