Garbage and Big Trucks

donj

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just thought I would "thank" the LOSERS who were out at Horburg on the long weekend with the BIG trucks...it's bad enought that you have to come out to our riding areas and DESTROY what's left of our trails, it's another to leave GARBAGE, CANS and BOTTLES where you have camped , and on the trails...these knobs even dumped there SH*T tanks on the side of the trail going out...if anyone knows who they are please pm me, so us "locals" can DEAL with it...we've had enough...this was some kind of semi-organized group that has been out the last couple of years, they camp up above the old train track, there were about 20 trailers and about 8-9 trucks with monster tires...beware if you come out again next year, WE have "plans" for you!:nono:

Last edited:

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
o but fn jeep groups are so neet to see...my arz its those fn trucks that give quadders such a bad name..i see those guys stuck and i go right past em:rant:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Had a bunch of those A-holes (pardon the language) in HHA two weeks ago. Let me say this very clearly .... TRUCKS AND JEEPS ARE NOT WELCOME IN HHA. If we locals see you there again we will take action with photos, videos and the RCMP! :mad: You will be hassled beyond belief!!

iamcanadian

Reaction score
Arrrrrggghhh... I've had it with clowns like this... they're gonna ruin it for the rest of us... if you're forming a possy count me in. I'd like to dump my ch!t tank on their front lawn and see how they like it. I hear a few pics and videos do wonders for the RCMP and fish cops, make sure to get the plates.

bengp1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as a person who partakes both in quadding and 4x4ing. i ask you whats the difference between my truck with 33" tires and a big bore with 32" silverbacks...which by the way are more agressive and damaging to ground and trails than ANY truck tire on the market

bengp1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im saying dont put us all in the same boat i dont go places with my truck i would go on my quad thats silly and on trails use my trucks stupidly low gearing to my advantage and so i dont spin my tires to beat hell and wreck the trail

FyreRyder

Reaction score
It's not the big trucks running in the back 40 that makes me mad. (during may long weekend I almost saw more 4by trucks being repaired than running...)

What drives me nuts is the garbage and beer cans thrown in the bush or left at camp after clearing out. The kids from their grad parties were the worst for leaving sh*t about during may long. One lady I talked to was picking up clothes, air matress, bottles, tents and sleeping bags that were left as garbage at a party site.

My fear is if people don't respect the land then the gov't will step in and not let us boondock camp anymore. We will be stuck to approved campsites only and have to trailer our quads/trucks to the trails.

What you take in you take out and that includes the gray and black tank on the trailer....(end of my rant)

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our May long trip had us collect a bag of garbage and bottles left behind,campers,quads,trucks,horses,or hikers.

Everyone using the outdoors need to respect what we have.
If everone cleaned up behind hemselves.

All the families riding quads in the areawith us kept it clean.

We are easy to blame.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are seeing more and more of that kind of crap here in Sask. Why is it so hard for people to understand what you pack in you pack out???

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be pissed off at the people doing this not the sport....Have seen messes left by 4x4er's, quaders, campers and even 15 miles into the back country....

I was rasied and have since rasied my kids with the no trace camping rule....

We have over the years brought back more garbage left by others then I care to think about....have never understund it....

Have even chased down some campers once and handed them thier bagged garbage and just said hey you forgot this.....didnt go over well at all...

There is a big push by the tree huggers to have all the natural areas shut down to horses, quads, hikers, campers to everyone and I think they play one group agaisnt the other....

In our house we like a lot of diferent sports and activities and have always felt theres room for everyone.....just play nice and clean up after your self.....

Okay this topic does get ones blood moving....

bengp1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly quadders dont enjoy it when we all get grouped in with the a$$holes that make a mess and have stupidly noisy quads etc and neither do those of us that 4x4 were not all bad but the few wreck it for the many

JHeffner

Reaction score
I quad and 4x and I can understand your frustrations. When it's in you back yard its hard to swallow and you shouldnt have to. Sounds to me like this isnt a 4x4 or quad thing. All the people that i ride with be that 4x or quad would punch a guy in the face if he left any thing out on the trail. People just need to use better judgment. That really sucks for you guys.

We had a problem simillar to that out here in bc. What I did was went out and bought a couple of those digital camera for hunting that work off of motion and put it at the trail entrance for week in a hiding spot. After about a week I had photos of all the vehicles that were going in and out and posted pictures around town and passed it on to the RC's. The garbage and crap being left up there actually slowed down when they saw a picture of there truck with the title reading "Destroying our Enviroment" Sometimes you have to take things into your own hands if you know what I mean.

Have fun out there kids

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I quad and 4x and I can understand your frustrations. When it's in you back yard its hard to swallow and you shouldnt have to. Sounds to me like this isnt a 4x4 or quad thing. All the people that i ride with be that 4x or quad would punch a guy in the face if he left any thing out on the trail. People just need to use better judgment. That really sucks for you guys.

We had a problem simillar to that out here in bc. What I did was went out and bought a couple of those digital camera for hunting that work off of motion and put it at the trail entrance for week in a hiding spot. After about a week I had photos of all the vehicles that were going in and out and posted pictures around town and passed it on to the RC's. The garbage and crap being left up there actually slowed down when they saw a picture of there truck with the title reading "Destroying our Enviroment" Sometimes you have to take things into your own hands if you know what I mean.

Have fun out there kids

That's a good idea...I was thinkin of doing something similar at Vega this past long weekend.Walk into campsite and start taking pics of 1-garbage 2-people 3-license plates
The main reason I didn't was I'm sure it would have ended up getting me badly beaten by a bunch of drunk punks.
Have to try it from a distance with zoom lense.or remotely like you did...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a good idea...I was thinkin of doing something similar at Vega this past long weekend.Walk into campsite and start taking pics of 1-garbage 2-people 3-license plates
The main reason I didn't was I'm sure it would have ended up getting me badly beaten by a bunch of drunk punks.
Have to try it from a distance with zoom lense.or remotely like you did...
just need a crew riding with you when you do it. :d :beer:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
just need a crew riding with you when you do it. :d :beer:

You mean like the monsters you were with on the weekend??????
Have them punks scurry'n around cleanin up like their lives depended on it:eek:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean like the monsters you were with on the weekend??????
Have them punks scurry'n around cleanin up like their lives depended on it:eek:
lol...even just seeing someone with a camera takin pics with a group would be enough to make 'em think. I like the trail cam idea, a guy would have to have it well hidden.

outwest camping

Reaction score
Website
www.outwestcamping.com
I had to kick a couple people off our property on the May long (well it wasn't really our property I just told them it was..figured they didn't have enough brain cells to know the difference!!) they were unloading there bikes and shooting the breeze and tossing the beer cans into the trees, I told them if they have the room to carry it in they have the room to carry it out and that it's people like them who give the ATV community a bad name...load your stuff up and get off my property..of course they loaded up..threw all their garbage out and took off...but whatever they won't be back!!

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a similar problem with a group of kids that were camped beside us at Maclean Cr May long weekend as one in our group told them to knocked it off and clean up and if they didn't there was a lot of back country and they wouldn't be found needless to say they cleaned up and were gone.

Top Bottom