Fort Mac and Saskatoon kick Calgary's ass!

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
Hee, hee...had to write this. As of today, there were 3 times as many snowmobilers in our Fort Mac classes last week than are registered for the Calgary avy class this weekend.
There are 4 times that in the Saskatoon class.
I considered cancelling Calgary....my home city (how embarrassing!)...but we are starting to get some last minute interest.

Nov 26 - 9am - 5:30pm Lake Bonavista Community Center, Calgary, AB Lots of room!
Nov 27 - 9am - 5:30pm Pioneer Lodge, Red Deer, AB Lots of room!

Nov - Feb - Saskatoon, Regina, Yorkton, Lloydminster, Camrose, Edmonton, Fernie, Valemount, Lethbridge, Peace River, Grande Prairie, Dawson Creek/Tumbler Ridge.

Compare the attendance numbers to the number of mountain snowmobilers in the Calgary area and you can see why I am worried about the state of denial that our big city riders are in! Just 'cause we wake up and see the mountains from our living room window doesn't mean we were born avalanche ready. Sure as humans we learn a ton of things through experience and mistakes, but wouldn't you agree that trial and error avalanche training might get a bit expensive and might hurt more than we are used to? Besides your wife and kids might mind if your experiment fails.

You don't know what you don't know. Trust me. We have taught thousands of sledders in the classroom and more than 2400 in the field. Here's a little experiment of my own. If you take Zac's AST class and you are not completely impressed with the experience - Full money back guarantee plus $50 to cover your gas.
There you go. No risk investment. What's stopping you now? I am confident about my bet. How confident are you?
Remember you have family, friends, business deals, and other life investments riding on the Blackjack hand that you are now holding.
Remember tie goes to the Dealer...in this case the Dealer is Nature.

Dealer-Wins-Again.jpg

I cancelled most of my early season workshops and Amber/Trigger Point Snow Service from Revelstoke/Golden has already cancelled a few AST courses for interior BC due to the poor pre-registration numbers. This is a sad thing as we know from experience that just like the Prince George accident earlier this month, the next sledder avy fatality will spike interest and phone calls for courses...but by then it may be too late to get last minute programs scheduled.

Don't wait til it is too late.
Hat in hand, standing on the step at your buddy's house trying to explain to his widow why he is never coming home is a shitty time to think...I wish I would have had more skills.

Funeral pic.jpg

================
On a more positive note I have never had so many families participate in the AST1 courses as this year. Many Dads and a few Moms are bringing their teenagers along. Great to see the shift!

+++++++++++++
In case you are not aware, avy conditions are pretty unstable with this weather system. Click here to check out the
North Columbia - Monashees & Selkirks

New bulletin format this season.
HighHazard.jpg

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only thing I can say, is having the 2 days so far separated is a pain. Personally I prefer to go down and make a weekend of it. Not try and catch you one day here, and one day there. With work schedules, it is hard to make it to 2 separate weekends. My 2c.

That said, now more than ever people need to realize that this is REQUIRED knowledge to use the backcountry. Get out and get the skills.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 there lenny..... Also there might be a few more people that have it allready in Calgary. Compared to fortmac or sask

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My question is when are you coming back to Fort Mac, I didn't even know you were in town doing it or you would have had one more in your class!

Top Bottom