Forster 2022-23

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently raining in town. Hopefully produces enough snow to build the snow bridge

maxpower

Reaction score
Trail fees are $25, can be bought online from the website.
Grooming is back on schedule, Tues and Saturday nights.
Still not enough snow to build the snow bridge.
It's been snowing up there, still thin.
Road is unmaintained, hill from the water reservoir bridge at 18km is nasty. Big trailers are getting stuck, chain up early.
What's the cost for mini kids sleds?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still no real precipitation since Christmas and the Road is nasty.
Conditions are bad enough I went to Revelstoke last weekend....

BigPow

Reaction score
I rode there Friday, still very thin. Need more snow.
Yeah fair enough. Stick a probe in the ground at all? I’ve heard some guys saying 165cm+ and others saying less than 120cm. Would love to get an actual reading.

H-D

Reaction score
I didn't probe, the snow pack varies throughout the zone. Some spots are just barely ok, others are really thin.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see Invermere has snow in the forecast for tomorrow - any idea on amounts expected?

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Groomer ran down from the 19 parking lot to the 17km lot and cleared it and the road.
I sanded the horse thief fsr 10km hill, 12km hill and the hills on Forster fsr to the 19km today.
That's awesome - thank you! Is it still recommended not to bring 4 place enclosed trailer to km19 parking lot? Where is the suggested lot for them?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's awesome - thank you! Is it still recommended not to bring 4 place enclosed trailer to km19 parking lot? Where is the suggested lot for them?
The 10 and 12km hills on Horse thief are worse than Forster. I would chain up at the Westside/horse thief cross road.
Otherwise parking at dog leg fsr staging on west side road and ride to Forster via the connector that pops out at the 18km bridge on Forster fsr. I think it's 5 or 6kms of trail riding.

Top Bottom