forester conditions

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
reports of lots of sleds in forster on the weekend..... i guess the club, locals and anyone who was there do not feel they need to inform the public, follow and or enforce the agreement that was signed to gain access to the glacier. there will be a bunch of crying if the gov chooses to take the glacier access away.

just could not wait 2 more weeks.....

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
reports of lots of sleds in forster on the weekend..... i guess the club, locals and anyone who was there do not feel they need to inform the public, follow and or enforce the agreement that was signed to gain access to the glacier. there will be a bunch of crying if the gov chooses to take the glacier access away.

Brutal.. this is a great place to ride, hope they don't F*C& it up for the rest of us

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sounds like the usual local douche bags that don't care about the rules....

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish people would realize they are going to get these areas closed down. Why could they just not wait two weeks or go somewhere else. A few bad peeps makes us ALL look like D-Bags in the eyes of the greenies. Make no mistake they will win if people keep pulling this sh!t.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Is is there even enough snow to ride down there.... Let alone climb to the glacier.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard lots about this agreement but never seen it except by hear-say on the forum. Maybe a 'sticky' forum with the actual agreement would be helpful? Might get a few more informed.

the people runninghte club really do not want to share anything....including the area. My riding group has offered many times to help with projects, join etc but never get any requests for help or dates of meetings. Even the current members don't get any info. Last I heard the agm was cancelled at the last minute because one of the board members was to busy......

The board members have done so much work I don't understand why they will not get organized or accept help. I am a big supporter of organized groups and getting involved but what can you do when your help is not accepted...

I will see if I can get a copy of the agreement from my contact in the recreation dept.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd really like to see the official thing before I try to get up on the glacier.

the glacier is good to go but not until late in Jan I believe, I did find out the original user agreement stated that the area was closed until Dec. 1, but nobody was ever informed other than the club executive which had changed since then. This agreement was signed in the early nineties.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was up in the valley in the fall and there were new signs posted with maps and zones with dates and restrictions at the parking lot/wood shed and sled warming cabin.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would stay off of that glacier till February
unless u like 2 to 300 foot crevasses in ice
lol, u should see it in summer .then u will know why lots of snow is important
it can be sketchy like a avy
just some thing to think about ?
Catamount glacier is one of my favored spots to ride in the end of feb/march

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
just found this again for people to review.
Gents,
The Windermere Valley Snowmobile Club has put in a ton of effort to have Catamount Glacier opened up to sleds for the upcoming season, from February 15th on. That also includes use of the Olive Hut. At this time there is an amendment out to grant us access to the area, however, even though back country skiers rarely use the area, they are complaining tirelessy to keep things as in and have the area permanently shutdown for sleds. I've been told if we direct our emails to aina.cernenoks@gov.bc.ca and there is enough support then they will pursue with opening the area. If you use Forster and would like to access Catamount, legally, please fire an email off to Aina on or before Oct.31, 2012. I have heard the government may lean towards keeping things as is because of the limited support from the sled community.

Thanks,

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to know thanks

I took a picture of this last year at the staging area...

2013-02-23 10.37.17 small.jpg

The date restrictions are listed at the bottom.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going sledding with 3 other guys the 26th-27th. is the show worth going to in forester or just head to revelstoke?

I took a picture of this last year at the staging area...

View attachment 162135

The date restrictions are listed at the bottom.

If you would read 2 posts above you you would see that the area is closed until November 30.... So Revy might be your best bet... better yet maybe stay at home!

Top Bottom