forester conditions

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddies were up on Monday, report was trail in was like a hiway and fresh snow at the cabin. Lots of avy activity last week, most of the big steep aspects had come down.

Got a system moving in supposed to drop some more snow over the next day or so.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road condition past the mill and the first big hill?

The first big hill isn't the issue...it's further up, past the 4 way...Debbie's hill is what they call it (big long swoopy left corner)...about 13km. We parked at Dogleg for the first time ever, trailers weren't making the hill and lots of trucks hit the ditch. It was glare ice last weekend. This weekend is calling for some warm temps, freezing level raises to 2000m on Sunday :eek: That could wreak some havoc on that road...we've had some snow this week so maybe it's getting a bit more grip to it. They don't seem to gravel it, just wait for it to melt through. Dogleg was fine though, and at least you avoid the bad spots of the road.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road is a mix of mud, ice and snow, typical spring time out here.
If you have a big alberta special trailer park at dog leg lake staging.
Good tires are a must, and by good I mean winter tires, not the 35-40"mud tires I see most trucks have that are stuck on the road and in the p-lot.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Rode forester today. About 2' of fresh. Untouched for 90% of it Rode up is sketchy but not bad

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333766332.441696.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333766332.441696.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 281

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did any one get up to the glacier last week ??
if so any pics? Or conditions ?
I ask cuz I am going sledding this weekend and
might go their or vale ??
Iam undecided ¿

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of sleds on the glacier last week, great snow, but with the past warm weather, all old will be settled/crusted no matter where you go. looks like more moisture next few days

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of sleds on the glacier last week, great snow, but with the past warm weather, all old will be settled/crusted no matter where you go. looks like more moisture next few days

hmmm has something changed here??? We are now allowed on the glacier???

last time i check this is a watershed for the radium valley and it is federal mandate that it is closed to sledders. Hate to be on that glacier with a conservation officer waiting for you at the bottom willing/ready to sieze your sled.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm has something changed here??? We are now allowed on the glacier???

last time i check this is a watershed for the radium valley and it is federal mandate that it is closed to sledders. Hate to be on that glacier with a conservation officer waiting for you at the bottom willing/ready to sieze your sled.

Agreed, I was always under the impression the glacier was closed. Now if you listen to the guys taking money in the parking lot it is fair game so that message may need to change to stop people from going up there. Just sayin......

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

this is in line with the info from a guy from Invermere that I ran into @ forester, and he's been sledding that area for 15 years. He was out with four other sleds, and also sated it is not yet "official". My guess is politically, no one has the nads to make a decision due to sled/heli ski conflicts

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so that's the one with the dodgy tubs?

opp's sorry, take that back, can't ask questions like that for fear of litigation

Top Bottom