forester conditions

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up from Kimberley to ride Forrestor. Any word on the road? All our FSR's are crazy bad right now. I am coming up with my wife and we have never been to Forrestor (one of the few riding areas we have not been to so we need to check it out)!!!! Is there some good tree riding and the like to keep us entertained for the day or should we just keep heading north? Which staging area would you recommend of the 2 that are mentioned in the thread.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up from Kimberley to ride Forrestor. Any word on the road? All our FSR's are crazy bad right now. I am coming up with my wife and we have never been to Forrestor (one of the few riding areas we have not been to so we need to check it out)!!!! Is there some good tree riding and the like to keep us entertained for the day or should we just keep heading north? Which staging area would you recommend of the 2 that are mentioned in the thread.

Not sure on road conditions but will say Forster has everything for everyone from beginner to experienced. Lots of playing in the meadows. If you have a small trailer or a deck the Forster road is a good staging area, for a big trailer I prefer the other area personally.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Backroads around here are nasty icey! We had a skiff of snow last night, that might help a bit. The road to Forster may still be sheer ice...they don't do much to maintain off of Westside Rd. If you're hauling a big enclosed, you might want to check first and head to the Dogleg Lk staging area instead.

I'll just quote myself from earlier LOL :p

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many extra km's does the Dogleg staging add approximately? I am thinking that is the place to go with the way the roads are right now. Driving a grey dodge wit a sled deck and a yellow REV and a green M7. See you guys up there on Saturday!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dogleg staging area is at 21km on Westside Rd. :) It's right off the main road...then you take the trail via Dogleg Lk and it comes out near the water reservoir somewhere and joins the other trail.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many extra km's does the Dogleg staging add approximately? I am thinking that is the place to go with the way the roads are right now. Driving a grey dodge wit a sled deck and a yellow REV and a green M7. See you guys up there on Saturday!
It adds another 8km I think... no speedo on the sled.

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So all of my friends sucks. They all bailed on sledding. Anyone on here want to show an Albertan around Forester one of the upcoming weekends. Looking for dependable people who actually want to sled. I am looking to just come out for a saturday or a sunday and get some riding in, prefer meadow riding with some rolling hills and don't mind a climb once in a while.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So all of my friends sucks. They all bailed on sledding. Anyone on here want to show an Albertan around Forester one of the upcoming weekends. Looking for dependable people who actually want to sled. I am looking to just come out for a saturday or a sunday and get some riding in, prefer meadow riding with some rolling hills and don't mind a climb once in a while.

We will be there Friday and Saturday this weekend.

Reaction score
the wife and i will be there this weekend as well look for burgandy dodge and black 4 place trailer

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got a buddy locked down to hit up forester for a day ride. We will be coming out Sunday and hopefully there will be some good snow because this will be the first time to the mountains for him. If anyone wants to show up and show us the area that would be great, if not no worries we will figure things out. Not sure who will be driving yet so either a red dodge 2500 with sled deck and 2 xp's or a black f150 towing a two place trailer.

Anyone have some pictures from this past weekend?

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friday was really good, lots of fresh and not too many landmines that weren't easy to see. Saturday the fresh was more difficult to find but still available. If it snows this week next weekend would be really good.

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has there been any fresh snow at forester over the past week, still coming out for the day trip sunday and would like an update if possible? Thanks

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No new snow around here for awhile. Forster will be pretty pounded out, and don't think too many peeps are going up to Thunderwater/Whirlpool yet...very rocky still. Been a skiff here and there, but not enough to amount to much. Been cold and dry...
Pretty much meadow riding right now, but still a day out in the mountains. :)

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No new snow around here for awhile. Forster will be pretty pounded out, and don't think too many peeps are going up to Thunderwater/Whirlpool yet...very rocky still. Been a skiff here and there, but not enough to amount to much. Been cold and dry...
Pretty much meadow riding right now, but still a day out in the mountains. :)

thanks taminator. If it turns out to be a nice trail ride with some meadow riding that is just fine. Just fun spending time in the mountains.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode monday. was nice day! cabin expansion is awesome!! meadows were very pounded out, but didn't stop us finding the good stuff in the trees! took a quick poke up and over twater, was hard windswept at the tophalf of climb. much too windy to stay and ride up top. probably double the snowpack we had this time last year! :p

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode monday. was nice day! cabin expansion is awesome!! meadows were very pounded out, but didn't stop us finding the good stuff in the trees! took a quick poke up and over twater, was hard windswept at the tophalf of climb. much too windy to stay and ride up top. probably double the snowpack we had this time last year! :p[/QUOTE

Thanks Downhill. We have never been to forester before so what direction from the cabin should we head to find some fresh in the trees?

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode monday. was nice day! cabin expansion is awesome!! meadows were very pounded out, but didn't stop us finding the good stuff in the trees! took a quick poke up and over twater, was hard windswept at the tophalf of climb. much too windy to stay and ride up top. probably double the snowpack we had this time last year! :p
Cranbrook snowmoble clubs web site has a link to bc. hydro current snow pack in area might help.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Downhill. We have never been to forester before so what direction from the cabin should we head to find some fresh in the trees?

Once you leave the cabin your in the main meadow. Just adventure all over! :) Just be careful for creeks they do hide on ya!

Top Bottom