Ford Atlas concept, your thoughts?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the headlights and the truck. Looks like it is ready to go to work.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headlights will change, those are always extreme on concepts. I've heard this truck is pretty much ready to go to production though, my guess is with slight tweaks to cosmetics, like the headlights.

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it looks a little clumped, in the front if that makes sense. But really nice!!!!!

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be super surprised is the new f 150 looked anything like that. Its looks awesome and I would prob buy one if they built that exact truck. Since im not a fan of ford.... that says a lot.

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the concepts are always radical haha this one looks pretty fancy!!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aero feature...My from what I can see from the pics, likely at highway speeds those vents on the wheels close to improve aerodynamic efficiency, and will open back up as soon as the brakes are touched to vent heat. Looks like lots of anchor points in the bed as well.

Here is another link with a bit of a write up and a press release attached. I'd love to see the hitch alignment come to fruition. If they can parallel park a car automatically then can automatically back up a truck to the hitch exactly.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/15/ford-atlas-concept-detroit-2013/

Last edited:

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SWEEEEEEET maybe i will hold on to the ol fargo for a few more years ...might be worth driving my beast a bit more for that

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd take this over the Raptor. The Raptor is a gorgeous truck, but it's meant for off-roading. Now, there are maybe 5% of them out there actually off-roading, but for everyday use not for me, especially with that short box.
I want at least the 6.5 ft box and will take this Atlas in a second. My guess if it came out as is right now with all the fixings it would up there with the Raptor in terms of pricing. Some really sweet features in it.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ecoboost V8 is what ford needs now, they likely have one built so lets hope one comes down the pipe in the near future.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the illegitamite offspring of a raptor and Superduty...I heard 2013 was the last run of the raptor...could just be rumor..

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ecoboost V8 is what ford needs now, they likely have one built so lets hope one comes down the pipe in the near future.

that be powerful, however wouldn't it take away from v6 fuel Econo?

Top Bottom