Foil Tape on Trees?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a small area of woods near my house that I take my dogs for a walk every day. I noticed that someone has wrapped various, maybe random, branches with foil HVAC type tape.
One wrap on a single branch on different trees for about 1/2 kilometer.
Anyone know what that could be for? It's been nagging at me for a year or so and I thought the smrt members of S&M would know.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3zv5zu.jpg

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i too have seen that at rANDOm in St.Albert
many years ago though, figured some crappy "science" experiment

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
out there someone is laughing….thinking how many are wondering what the tinfoil is for lol!

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Foresters marking tree they are doing studies on is my guess as have seen this before in woods and guy showed up and was marking trees to teach course. They didnt us foil though to mark.

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a small area of woods near my house that I take my dogs for a walk every day. I noticed that someone has wrapped various, maybe random, branches with foil HVAC type tape.
One wrap on a single branch on different trees for about 1/2 kilometer.
Anyone know what that could be for? It's been nagging at me for a year or so and I thought the smrt members of S&M would know.
This past summer we had a caterpillar problem....trees TRUNKS everywhere wrapped with all kinds of different tapes sticky side out.

I'm thinkin' trail marker to a curtain spot, hunting, fishing ???

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This past summer we had a caterpillar problem....trees TRUNKS everywhere wrapped with all kinds of different tapes sticky side out.

I'm thinkin' trail marker to a curtain spot, hunting, fishing ???
could be yars trail marker to his deer(beer )stand. says it helps to find campsite at night.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll post pics today. It's one wrap on a single branch away from the trail. It's an environmental reserve and not big enough for a hunting area. A few acreages back on to it.

Top Bottom