Fog Lights

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love Rams don't get me wrong... just take a look at your stock "fog lights" they are way brighter then your low beams! It's almost like their on High Beams... those and the GMC ones are bright as well... my 2002 which I can't buy a brighter light has a very weak fog light and trucker always flash me if I forget to turn them off.

My buddy got a ticket in BC for running HID's because it was a blue coloured light... something there about the law saying you needed a white light. They suggested a simple test of placing a white piece of papper in front of your head lights if the paper turns blue your done!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
teeroy... i agree... if you run the stock ones at least turn them off... if you run HID ill leave my high beams on... not triing to be an a** but man are they bright... I love dodge's but freak me they're so called "fog lights" are brighter then their head lights... its bad enough most of us have leveling kits which means the second any weight goes in the back our normal head lights shine into other driver's eyes... the least you/we can do is turn off our "fog Lights".

Worst of all are the guys running after market light force or piaa lights or those bright blue ones... all of which I was warned by RCMP are illegal... but now I notice a lot of rigs using them so I am not sure... preaty sure if they were illegal DOT would remove them???? Any ideas?
HID kits are against the law when running them in the stock halogen-designed housings. to be legal the housings must be changed to a DOT/SAE stamped projector. I often wonder why it is not enforced, out where I work near Seal Lake where it is crazy busy, I'll bet more than half of the pickups I meet are running HID's in the stock headlight housings. guys say that they aim them down and don't get hi beamed, but the scatter of light from them is ridiculous especially in any kind of snowdust, or if their lenses are dirty from road grime. In Europe, HID equipped vehicles must have auto leveling systems AND headlamp wiper systems. this is not required in North America, though some vehicles here come with the auto leveling deal.

yes, I have HID lights in my GM. I also spent the cash on projector housings and have aimed my lights even a tad lower then they should be. the projector lamps have a very distinct cutoff, stepped down toward the oncoming vehicles. if you're hi beaming me, you're just being a dick that hates HID's. I hope they start cracking down on illegal HID kits, they are just plain dangerous to vehicles that have to be blinded by them, especially during inclement driving conditions. I have lost hope for people and their fog lights, everyone and their dog has them on in all conditions.

as for big rigs, there are lots of HID kits out for them as well. some legal, some not so much. to do a Kenworth with a 4 light system is well over a grand, and these trucks have to be inspected once a year. those with illegal kits should not pass, but a lot of shops just push 'em out the door anyways.....same with straight pipes. I could go on and on....but I won't.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't beleive I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this thread. If high beams or fog lights are going to cause you to crash, then YOU are the safety hazard. Quit your fawking whining and watch your white line when approaching on-coming traffic like you were taught when/if you learned how to drive. I drive with mine on. They have a low/wide beam pattern that lights the edge of the road nicely and does not come close to shining in anybodies eyes. The high and mighty people who flash their high beams at others because they think their lights might be a couple of lumens over the limit pizz me off. Watch you own fawking side of the road.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't beleive I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this thread. If high beams or fog lights are going to cause you to crash, then YOU are the safety hazard. Quit your fawking whining and watch your white line when approaching on-coming traffic like you were taught when/if you learned how to drive. I drive with mine on. They have a low/wide beam pattern that lights the edge of the road nicely and does not come close to shining in anybodies eyes. The high and mighty people who flash their high beams at others because they think their lights might be a couple of lumens over the limit pizz me off. Watch you own fawking side of the road.

You obviously dont have a clue and spend to much time sucking your moms teets.

Ever drive on a road with a corner or a hill? You think those people who flash you are doing it because your blinding them? Huhhh, no, all they are worried about is the lumens. Its jerks like you who cause accidents. "Watch you own fawking side of the road" how, with your lights blinding them? Idiot.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worst of all are the guys running after market light force or piaa lights or those bright blue ones... all of which I was warned by RCMP are illegal... but now I notice a lot of rigs using them so I am not sure... preaty sure if they were illegal DOT would remove them???? Any ideas?

You dont see trucks with HID in BC, dot makes you remove them on site if they see you.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yo, Tommy! When you get a drivers license we can talk. People forget to dim their lights all the time, and drive with fogs/driving lights/HID's all the time. It's inconvenient, but it doesn't blind me, even on a corner/hill. Dudes who drive around looking for people to flash their highbeams at because they wanna show them...it's just stupid. Once again, if your gonna crash every time someones lights are too bright...pull over and let yer Grandma drive.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yo, Tommy! When you get a drivers license we can talk. People forget to dim their lights all the time, and drive with fogs/driving lights/HID's all the time. It's inconvenient, but it doesn't blind me, even on a corner/hill. Dudes who drive around looking for people to flash their highbeams at because they wanna show them...it's just stupid. Once again, if your gonna crash every time someones lights are too bright...pull over and let yer Grandma drive.
how long have you been driving hotshot? you are one of the douchebags that everyone hates on the highway. thinking it's other people's problem if your lights are blinding them is a fawked up attitude, grow the fawk up.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow this thread is still goin on ?? teeroy you sure are passionate about this topic arnt you?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow this thread is still goin on ?? teeroy you sure are passionate about this topic arnt you?
na he is just stating the facts.
and like always nobody hates to hear the truth thus the 190 posts of guys saying fu i am the only c_ _ k sucker that matters on the road.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

your showing your intelligence, keep it up.

Have you moved out of your moms basement yet?

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its very easy to see who the guys are who drive for a living, who spend 12 plus hours in the dark putting up with these idiots. Its also easy to see who the selfish mommy's teets sucking little jerks are who have no idea what the real world is like.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people have a very hard time seeing at night...especially when it is raining. That is why I have HIDs. I don't run around with my high beams on and yes I do need to adjust my headlights here soon, but I can't see squat with factory lights

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my life is on the road....I spend as many hours behind the wheel as anyone here, and most of those hours in the dark on less than perfect roads in less than perfect conditions. I will speak out on this topic as long as anyone wants to show their ignorance.

Some people have a very hard time seeing at night...especially when it is raining. That is why I have HIDs. I don't run around with my high beams on and yes I do need to adjust my headlights here soon, but I can't see squat with factory lights
I don't have a problem with anyone upgrading to the best lighting available, as long as it's done properly and legally. if you don't have projectors, get them. they make HID's work the way they were meant to work. the light is concentrated and aimed properly, and 10 times better than running them in the halogen housings.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your showing your intelligence, keep it up.

Have you moved out of your moms basement yet?
quick google search on the name hayastusa reveals his name, address, phone number, occupation, place of employment, position at stated place of employment, as well as all the other forums/social media he calls himself "hayastusa" on. pretty sad for a guy pushin 50 in the education sector to have such an ignorant view. I suppose he's used to bullying high school kids around. ain't gonna get away with that ch!t here, just goes to show common sense does not go hand in hand with age.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quick google search on the name hayastusa reveals his name, address, phone number, occupation, place of employment, position at stated place of employment, as well as all the other forums/social media he calls himself "hayastusa" on. pretty sad for a guy pushin 50 in the education sector to have such an ignorant view. I suppose he's used to bullying high school kids around. ain't gonna get away with that ch!t here, just goes to show common sense does not go hand in hand with age.

He'sa Roughrider fan, that says allot right there.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There is a difference between running modified lights and being an idiot and blinding other people. I run the best lights I can get, I have JW Speaker LED headlights, Sirius HID driving lights and a set of LED fog lights. All are legal, properly adjusted and if I wanted to let somebody know I dont like the way their headlights are I could burn their retinas to the core, but I dont, I know what I have.

Lights are like most anything else, use them properly and nobody will have a problem.

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wont lie im one of those a$$ holes that do that. To bad guys i like to see i run 55W HIDs high/lows and in my fogs heres the real kicker i have the relay that lets me even keep my fogs on when highbeams are on. My lights are all aimed correctly and right within spec.

Its an open market go buy some real lights you will never regret it and the day you own them is the day you quit cursing everyone else that has them.

P.S dont run mud flaps either :cool: spent all my extra cash on lights.

do you realy think its safe to blind oncomming traffic with your lighting ?

Im all for having good lighting , but there is a place for those extra bright aux lights and it isnt on the highways

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
running fogs along with hi beams actually hurts your long distance vision, the spill in front of your vehicle is what your eyes will draw to. there's a reason why they don't come on with the highs.

Top Bottom