Fog Lights

SnoFox

Reaction score
Awesum thread! I hate fogs that arnt adjusted properly but that goes for low beams as well. In my opinion everyone should have hid's. All 6 bulbs on the front of my Duramax are hid, fogs come on with highs, makes for safe driving. I don't drive with my fogs on tho unless its snowing/foggy...

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just took a defensive driving course put on by a ex police officer that use to teach the police force driving course. He said fog lights are fine to drive with at least in Saskatchewan of course they need to be adjusted as per provincial specifications. so if you have a lift that levels your truck you need to adjust your lights. If the output of your lights like HIDs is over specifications that is also illegal. So saying that if you are running a stock truck or car with fog lights on it is fine in foggy snowy conditions or on a clear night it doesn't matter!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
to me i dont give a rats ass if your running fog lights, i give a rats ass if they are pointed strait ahead at 20,000,000 candle power, and if you have a jacked up truck your propper alignment means chit when your 5' off my ass.....i drive a titan, and i have had jack asses come upon me with lights higher than my box 5' behind me and all i see is a glowing orb behind me and a glare on my windshield......

i as a personal rule refuse to buy the latest and greatest in head light technology because i dont wanna be that douche that blinds everyone coming down the raod wether they are legal or not. i have managed to drive my entire life with regular everyday lights and have yet to hit anything or have any issues seeing unless i have some asshat coming the other way with his hid's, and i drive 2 hours of highway everyday. if the conditions are that bad that you need supergalactic head lights.....slow down, just a thought.

the funny part is all you guys jumping in "mine are properly aligned, if you dont like it stay off the roads"....if yours are properly aligned, and not hitting they eyes of others, chances are we're not talking about you.....but the fact you are bitching about people bitching tells me yours are probably to bright, not aligned, and you like it becasue it looks cool. the "driving lights" gets me too.....arent head lights dirving lights?? whats the second set for....i see ditches and shoulders just fine with my head lights

you guys can make all the arguements you want, they are a hazard to other dirvers wether you want to give a chit or not

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'm not gonna read the whole thread cause I'm pretty sure I can figure out what kind of bullchit it contains.I always thought it was just common courtesy to dim your lights when meeting traffic or following another vehicle.To many people out there that don't give a chit about anyone but themselves.Whether its fawkin legal or not.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to me i dont give a rats ass if your running fog lights, i give a rats ass if they are pointed strait ahead at 20,000,000 candle power, and if you have a jacked up truck your propper alignment means chit when your 5' off my ass.....i drive a titan, and i have had jack asses come upon me with lights higher than my box 5' behind me and all i see is a glowing orb behind me and a glare on my windshield......

i as a personal rule refuse to buy the latest and greatest in head light technology because i dont wanna be that douche that blinds everyone coming down the raod wether they are legal or not. i have managed to drive my entire life with regular everyday lights and have yet to hit anything or have any issues seeing unless i have some asshat coming the other way with his hid's, and i drive 2 hours of highway everyday. if the conditions are that bad that you need supergalactic head lights.....slow down, just a thought.

the funny part is all you guys jumping in "mine are properly aligned, if you dont like it stay off the roads"....if yours are properly aligned, and not hitting they eyes of others, chances are we're not talking about you.....but the fact you are bitching about people bitching tells me yours are probably to bright, not aligned, and you like it becasue it looks cool. the "driving lights" gets me too.....arent head lights dirving lights?? whats the second set for....i see ditches and shoulders just fine with my head lights

you guys can make all the arguements you want, they are a hazard to other dirvers wether you want to give a chit or not

chit the littlest hobbit is havin a bad day lol that is the best reply in this entire thread, words like supergalactic, that is awesome. 100% agree with plio on this one. the one thing however that i disagree with is the way he deals with the jacked up azzhats riding his azz. i just speed up and crowd the center line a bit, always lots of rocks, sluch etc there to usually make them back up a bit. just wish i didn't have mudflaps for those guys.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
walking on the break makes them back off too.....amazing how they're bis ass 20" rims with mudders cant stop worth a chit in ice and snow

chit the littlest hobbit is havin a bad day lol that is the best reply in this entire thread, words like supergalactic, that is awesome. 100% agree with plio on this one. the one thing however that i disagree with is the way he deals with the jacked up azzhats riding his azz. i just speed up and crowd the center line a bit, always lots of rocks, sluch etc there to usually make them back up a bit. just wish i didn't have mudflaps for those guys.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not gonna read the whole thread cause I'm pretty sure I can figure out what kind of bullchit it contains.I always thought it was just common courtesy to dim your lights when meeting traffic or following another vehicle.To many people out there that don't give a chit about anyone but themselves.Whether its fawkin legal or not.
what I have been seeing a lot lately is people don't dim their hi beams either, so now instead of being the nice guy and dimming mine first I wait until they do. fawk 'em. so sick of all the retards on the highways these days

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im getting myself one of these for my 2010 F350...in addition with my 55w hi/lows and my 55w fogs, no more driving in the dark for me haha

04405de7.jpg

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im getting myself one of these for my 2010 F350...in addition with my 55w hi/lows and my 55w fogs, no more driving in the dark for me haha

04405de7.jpg

i can see it already f'n a hole cops giving me a ticket for my driving light. as it is labeled off road use only you will get fined for it.
but i am sure it will be the a hole valemount cops fault for you getting the fine.
:rolleyes:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those lights are awesome lmao. Where can a guy get himself some of those lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use lightforce 240's thinking of adding a rigid 30" just in case there is a dark spot between here and the next town.....

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? They should only work with low beams on. And what would be the point having those annoying bumper lights on if you can drive with highs on?
Does anyone drive in a heavy snowstorm or fog with highbeams on?

Maybe take some time and read up on the differences between "fog Lights" and "aux lights"

shanem8hcr

Reaction score
6' lift 35" tires on my dodge 3500 with 6000k hids on hi/low and fog, pretty sure i have never used the hi beams and love it.

salbendidi

Reaction score
everyone needs a roll bar in the back of there 88 chev stepside short box, about 15 piaas across the top.

Last edited:

Zipp

Reaction score
If you dont like people driving with them on then stay home. Sick and tired of people bitching beacuse the world is not perfect for them. If you feel that a truck approachin you with so called "fog" lights on is going to ruin your weekend then go become a cop or dot officer and enforce something.

If Im a bitcher, your an asshat

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
teeroy... i agree... if you run the stock ones at least turn them off... if you run HID ill leave my high beams on... not triing to be an a** but man are they bright... I love dodge's but freak me they're so called "fog lights" are brighter then their head lights... its bad enough most of us have leveling kits which means the second any weight goes in the back our normal head lights shine into other driver's eyes... the least you/we can do is turn off our "fog Lights".

Worst of all are the guys running after market light force or piaa lights or those bright blue ones... all of which I was warned by RCMP are illegal... but now I notice a lot of rigs using them so I am not sure... preaty sure if they were illegal DOT would remove them???? Any ideas?

Top Bottom