Fog Lights

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
running fogs along with hi beams actually hurts your long distance vision, the spill in front of your vehicle is what your eyes will draw to. there's a reason why they don't come on with the highs.
don't tell them the truth.......

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
season s greetings people....tis the season to be jolly....lol life is to short to be bitter boys point made, point typed , point taken.... next....

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You win Troy. I'm done. I thought we were all just shattin around until the mom jokes came out. I'll switch those fog lights off whenever I'm on the highway. Santa must have told you I got a new truck for Christmas? Here's a pic. You still run a Kenworth? Same here. 550 Cat\18spd. I haul for Feldspar Excavating and Redi-mix. Not the same coin as in the oilfield, but who's counting.

Attachments

• IMG-20111227-00465.jpg
    IMG-20111227-00465.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 165

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You win Troy. I'm done. I thought we were all just shattin around until the mom jokes came out. I'll switch those fog lights off whenever I'm on the highway. Santa must have told you I got a new truck for Christmas? Here's a pic. You still run a Kenworth? Same here. 550 Cat\18spd. I haul for Feldspar Excavating and Redi-mix. Not the same coin as in the oilfield, but who's counting.
it's not about "winning" dude, more like enlightenment (I know, bad pun). I would have a beer with anyone I've called a douchebag on the internet. most people are really nice in person.

rubenoff

Reaction score
respecting the eyes of oncoming motorists at nightime

there are some important things that we as driver's of automobile,s need to practice in order to respect the eye's of oncoming driver's in nightime driving situations Fog lamps are supplied on many newer vehicles however these should not be used in clear weather and or nightime situations Because there is an increase of lighting being projected from the front of our vehicles towards the eyes of the other approaching driver,s Most vehicles now have the ability built in to the vehicle to allow operation of the fog lamps alone and the operation of rear vehicle tailamp.s and front park lamps, most common sense and properly written Motor Vehicle regulations will allow the use of fog lamps in place of the low beam lamps Because of lamps are normally being aimed lower so as to better peer under the fog, use of low and high beam is sometimes useless in foggy conditions because of the white light glowing backwards off the fog moisture particles into the eyes of the vehicle driver, amber colored fog lamps seem to work better because of less light spatter back into the eye,s of the driver using the fog lamps and the amber colored light is easier on the eyes of the oncoming drivers
The motor Vehicle regulations need to be re written to allow law enforcement to issue citaton's to drivers that drive around with fog lamps lit in clear weather or at nightime when the weather is clear.
Auxillary driving lamp's must be operated from the high beam light operation only so that the added light operates when the most seeing distance is required ahead of the vehicle at night, and to ensure that the auxillary driving lamps cannot be operated on Low beam operation to protect the eye's of the oncoming driver's
Frequent road side police Vehicle inspection's are required to catch and correct improper wiring and switching that allow the lights to be operated in a manner that decrease,s public safety and allows a disrespect to the eye's of the oncomimg driver's and allow a blinding headlamp situation that can create road rage and set up a head on collision accident waiting to occur
Some of the early Daytime Running lamp.s installed on vehicles allow the daytime running lamps to be lit in the daytime and then at the nightime they are called fog lamps and or Auxillary driving lamps and the operator has no means of shutting the lamps off
to respect the eyes of oncoming motorist's and or meet properly written and safe Motor Vehicle regulations that are supposed to be there for the protection of all drivers you and I
there is a great need to ensure that all vehicles have their headlamp alignment inspected in the following conditions
(1) when the unit is new fresh from the factory
(2) any time weight has been added to the vehicle ie. Canopy. winch, tool box, fuel tank, welder
or a deck that is used for carrying weight
(3) when the unit is used for towing trailers,
(4) anytime repairs are completed to the suspension of vehicle ( new springs etc. accident's)
(5) when the unit ages and there is settlement of the suspension ( 3-5 years)

as drivers we have the responsibility dim our lights when meeting oncoming vehicles, and when following vehicles to prevent our headlamps from blinding other's who share the roadway system as a matter of common courtesy and preventing head on collision accidents

rubenoff

Reaction score

Our Ford focus car 2007 has a great lighting control for the headlamps the Daytime running lamps are built into the low beam circuit and operates at half brilliance in automatic mode when the engine is started the Main lamp switch has a feature that allows us to use fog lamps with the park and tail lamps alone and in the headlamp selected mode it allows either low or high beam through the dimmer switch this system allows us to use respect for the eyes of the oncoming motorists, by using low beam when meeting other drivers and shutting of the fog lamps when not required on clear days and nights, and using high beam when we are out on the highway and need the longer light beams to see hazard that may exist on the highways

rubenoff Posts: 4Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:10 am

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I upgraded my truck to better lights in my fogs and my headlights, I noticed right away that I had to lower my headlights to make them more effective. I also had to do this when I installed better sealed beams in my 03 freightliner when I was driving OTR. I've noticed alot of trucks on the road these days with what it looks like sealed hid"s and I find them very annoying, more so than fog lights.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love the 4000k piaa's with my 4 six inch light force lights work great can see everything I do a lot of night driving for work so there worth every penny nothing wrecks a truck like hitting a moose at 120

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I upgraded my truck to better lights in my fogs and my headlights, I noticed right away that I had to lower my headlights to make them more effective. I also had to do this when I installed better sealed beams in my 03 freightliner when I was driving OTR. I've noticed alot of trucks on the road these days with what it looks like sealed hid"s and I find them very annoying, more so than fog lights.
I think most of them are LED headlights, seen a few HID kits in the H4651 style light but the ones I see most are the LED. they are 375 bucks per light and look a lot like HID

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think most of them are LED headlights, seen a few HID kits in the H4651 style light but the ones I see most are the LED. they are 375 bucks per light and look a lot like HID

I believe the lights you and the previous poster are talking about are "JW Speaker" LED's. They are a great light, but proper alignment is imperative. If they are left set with the same alignment as factory lights the glare is bad and the light isnt as good. You must turn them towards the ground a fair bit, gives a better high beam and takes the glare away.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the lights you and the previous poster are talking about are "JW Speaker" LED's. They are a great light, but proper alignment is imperative. If they are left set with the same alignment as factory lights the glare is bad and the light isnt as good. You must turn them towards the ground a fair bit, gives a better high beam and takes the glare away.
I was checking them out at Best Truck Service in Peace River and I never saw the name, but these ones didn't have a hi/low beam. when you look at them there are 3 distinct looking light sources, not sure if it's the lens that makes it look like 3 diodes or what. pretty sure the guy said they were a single mode, single diode. they are pretty bright. and pricey

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wont lie im one of those a$$ holes that do that. To bad guys i like to see i run 55W HIDs high/lows and in my fogs heres the real kicker i have the relay that lets me even keep my fogs on when highbeams are on. My lights are all aimed correctly and right within spec.

Its an open market go buy some real lights you will never regret it and the day you own them is the day you quit cursing everyone else that has them.

P.S dont run mud flaps either :cool: spent all my extra cash on lights.

Well at least you admit your an aZZhole! When you blind someone enough that they cross the line and hit you head on you may change your opinion , aZZhole

rubenoff

Reaction score
there is always a balance between what is available on the market, and want people want, and the regulations that control the safety of all road users, if for any reason be it lack of adjustment or failing to dim our light for an oncoming driver, and he or she is blinded even for a second, we can be involved in a head on collision because a driver wanders into our lane because of a momentary blindness, and when the vehicle inspection is completed by the coroner the finger will be pointed at the root cause of the accident, we really need to respect the eyes of the oncoming driver in any manner that gives us all equal opportunity in accident prevention have a nice weekend

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was checking them out at Best Truck Service in Peace River and I never saw the name, but these ones didn't have a hi/low beam. when you look at them there are 3 distinct looking light sources, not sure if it's the lens that makes it look like 3 diodes or what. pretty sure the guy said they were a single mode, single diode. they are pretty bright. and pricey

They have the 4x6 available for low beam or high beam, best used in a set of 4, or you can buy 5x7 or 7" round combo lights. All are very good, but expensive, the 4x6 run the 375 range, the others are in and around $450.00 apiece.

here is a link to their website.

http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/headlights/

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have the 4x6 available for low beam or high beam, best used in a set of 4, or you can buy 5x7 or 7" round combo lights. All are very good, but expensive, the 4x6 run the 375 range, the others are in and around $450.00 apiece.

here is a link to their website.

Headlights - Products - J.W. Speaker Corporation
these are the ones they have for sale as a kit here. they are a low beam only and don't switch to a "bright" on the low side, it just remains on and the high beam comes on. they are $375 each at Best Truck.

this is the dual mode one with hi and low beam, will have to ask them about it. must be worth a few bucks more

Dragin

Reaction score
It amazes me how so many people can find all these references to "facts" and actual "regulations" to defend their opinion.

Here's a fact
If you can afford brighter lights but won't take the time or money to aim them properly you an azzhat.

If you insist on staring at oncoming lights you should stick to daylight driving and stop whining.

There are way more important things to deal with on the road than getting all bent outta shape over frigging lights. Worry about your driving not everyone else.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It amazes me how so many people can find all these references to "facts" and actual "regulations" to defend their opinion.

Here's a fact
If you can afford brighter lights but won't take the time or money to aim them properly you an azzhat.

If you insist on staring at oncoming lights you should stick to daylight driving and stop whining.

There are way more important things to deal with on the road than getting all bent outta shape over frigging lights. Worry about your driving not everyone else.
it's one more added thing on top of everything else one has to be wary of on the highways. you don't have to stare at the fawking lights to be annoyed by them, like really...do you have to tell someone not to stare at the sun?

Top Bottom