flat deck or??

mick

Reaction score
Price seems ok to me as last time I looked at an aluminum rv hauler deck they were 12-14000. This was an aluminum deck with 4 built in tool boxes and full skirting and full head rack

Shovelking780

Reaction score
I'm going to do the same thing this summer. I was looking at the CM SK model decks all steel though with tool boxes on the side fully skirted. I'm going to build a sub deck on top so I will have a storage compartment below for the ramp. Would like a longer deck but for the none chassis cab model only 8'6" available. What make is the aluminum one and who sells them?

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have to see more pics of the flat decks that are out there, but in my opinion if you are careful how you pack you will get 4 times more gear under the " over the box " type than a flat deck. Had a wreck with my truck's 6.5 box this winter could'nt find another so built a flat deck. We use hockey bags for our stuff and there is no room for that size of a box in front or behind the wheels.Now even more has to go into the cab. A long wheelbase might be a lot better though. It is nice not having to go up a steep ramp but a lot of work to save 8 to 10". NO BEER UNTIL SLEDS LOADED:)

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I designed this deck and I had a jet boat builder build it. He is now located in PG. My next one will be a custom deck from Silver Lake Manufacturing in Idaho. I am presently working on a new one.

I will not go with tool boxes as they don't stay dry. You cannot fit jerry cans in there as they can't be made wide enough with a deck with folding sides. The ramp on my second deck is under the deck with an ice skirt covering the rear (Lord help the tri-fold when they have to try and extricate that baby after going up Roger's Pass with a bunch of slush. It will be frozen solid). As for carrying gas and saving a buck, does it really matter?

The ramp has 1 and 1/4" tubing welded into a 2" frame, as the 1" stuff just bends from idiots loading their sleds and not paying attention. I also have 1/4" flat bar in between the bars. Marine plywood for the deck surface with strips of an old bed liner for the ski runs. All tie downs are for SuperClamps which work perfect. No more ugly, dirty, frozen straps.

Using the headache rack for a suspended gas holder might be a design challenge as there isn't a lot of room for gussets on the bottom. In my case, I can't go higher and fit the unit in the garage. You can see that my deck is used for construction and hauling firewood. It is multi-purpose and works. When I order a new truck it will not be a chassis as one can't get some of the options and as after market purchases and installations are a pita. It has to doo with the electronics tied into the rear bumper and hitch circuits.

The second deck was $5700+ in Canada and one can pretty much get the same thing in Idaho for half the price or less.

100_2307.jpg 100_2520.jpg IMG_0138.jpg IMG_0573.jpg IMG_1240.jpg

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those look really nice, but the ramps only hook on in the middle???? so you drive up and shimmy your sled over to the side? or have to turn as your going up??

nope, ramp hooks on either side for this! SUPER duper simple, nice clean package. Sides fold up when not using for sleds, nice boxes on the sides, I put my gear in the truck in the back seat so I don't really push the 'where's the gear go' question. Personally I like to be a bit of a minimalist and I like ease of use, this flat bed TOTALLY nailed that for me, never take it off, worked great for the dirt bikes too, SUPER simple for the sleds... drives nicely... LOVE IT! been doing them for 3-4 years now and can't imagine life without one. Now I even have my BF hooked on them and he was a big enclosed trailer guy before I met him!

(sorry about previous post, tried to just delete it but I can't figure out how to! ha!)

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any pictures of the deck truck from 509 films, or maybe it was sled necks... That one looked like a good setup as well.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oler - are you thinking of Dan Adams truck? Or atleast I believe it is his, full wrap, flat deck,

These guys make some nice flat decks. I often think I would want to flat deck my next truck. I might miss the look of the fleet side, but really, it is my truck and it is used as a truck, so why not have the best, most usable truck possible.

T Two Industries | Aluminum Decks

http://www.ttwo.ca/images/flatdecks/024.jpg

http://www.ttwo.ca/images/aluminumbodies/007.jpg

As FernieSnow mentioned, the tool boxes aren't the greatest, but I would rather keep items like tire chains, and other products like oil in those. Then have a custom headacke rack to secure jerry cans in.

The SilverLake ones are very nice too.

Last edited:

mick

Reaction score
That sledhead one is close, just short it seems. I like it. I'll post picture later today

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is the one bounce.

T Two industries made that deck for dan adams?

No, TT did not make that one. I have seen a deck that TT made though with extensions out the back and a ramp under the deck. It was really nice.

I wouldn't be surprised if Silverlake built Dan Adams.

sent from a top secret location

Top Bottom