flat deck or??

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, it would be taxes to the tune of approximately $600. Depending on what they charge taxes on. Installation and labour?
It looks good Doug!!!

I have went to the States for truck tires, return trip in 17 hours. Claimed them at the border, and I had to pay the Duty on the tires only.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It looks good Doug!!!

I have went to the States for truck tires, return trip in 17 hours. Claimed them at the border, and I had to pay the Duty on the tires only.

Should be no "duty" unless they were made in China or some other place other than the USA, Canada, or Mexico. We have bought our tires down there and just have to pay the taxes as they were Michelin's and actually made in Canada.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Nice Doug. The deck looks great. Not sure about what you put it on. :D

Well, to each their own, eh! I would have bought a GMC if I could have found one with what I wanted. The fact that the 2014 HD's aren't coming out for another year or more just p*ssed me off. The only thing I am missing in this truck is the highway speed control of the radio volume. OnStar would have been nice also.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Should be no "duty" unless they were made in China or some other place other than the USA, Canada, or Mexico. We have bought our tires down there and just have to pay the taxes as they were Michelin's and actually made in Canada.
Your right, and my mistake. It was the taxes I had to pay...... whopping 62 bucks. LOL

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug can they add a 5 th wheel hitch?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, for an extra $100 (I'll look it up as I'm not sure of that price). It actually goes underneath the deck. Have to doo a little mod for the ramp. I think the flat deck sits a little higher.

I think it looks great.....

Nice that is not wider than the cab for regular use.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't believe u bought a friggin ford.

Larry rubbed off on ya ??

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The height of that deck is about half way between the heights of the original box floor and box wall?

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the length of your sleds? the pictures make it look short????

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fs, we need maximum detail in order to live vicariously through your sled-god lifestyle.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
fs, we need maximum detail in order to live vicariously through your sled-god lifestyle.

Maxwell is the sled-god! I'm just an ol' fart who likes to sled a lot..........:D

Here's a little more detail......... the deck is actually 102" long. A picture of the bolt for the extension, pockets for side rails so I can get a bigger box in the summer, and flush mount tie-downs. Note the wheel chucks on the head-ache rack.

IMG_2655.jpg IMG_2654.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg IMG_2656.jpg

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how do you put three sleds on two forward and one back ?? how wide do the extensions make it?

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Much better Pics Thanks. You will have to send one with the sleds on it.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This one isn't exactly like mine but close. I haven't seen mine yet and probably won't for a few months. I haven't got a truck to put it on yet as the 2014 GMC's aren't ready. Base price is $3800. I have extra SuperGlides for 3 sleds (for two sleds when the extensions are down and one sled in the middle when the extensions are up, extra Super Clamp hooks, extra lights, two tool boxes, and an extra lip on the side rail. A great guy to deal with BTW.

View attachment 156175

Sorry fs I just thought of what u said here that u had room for 3 sleds ??

Top Bottom