fish cops

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe because not everyone has a $20,000 sled, etc, etc. Maybe some don't feel like continuously padding the pockets of insurance companies. If I feel I can self insure legally, that is absolutely my right. Now before you slam me, yes I have insurance but not collision and that is my risk. I haven't had a claim in 20 years so I willing to roll that dice. Also, full insurance on a $20k sled, ain't $350...
PLPD is what covers your arse, you do not need collision as that only protects your sled, so that would be up to the driver. This is about protecting others property in the event of an accident. PLPD is not expensive and there is no excuse not to have it.
If you hurt someone and have no PLPD say goodbye to your quality of life, the lawsuit would cripple you financially.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Liability insurance is a good idea.

Registration that's a cash grab.

So no plates for this guy.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our new and improved conservation officers in Alberta or central Alberta anyway seem to be on a roll in 2 years I’ve been checked boating twice, fishing once, quading on river once, would seem big brother is out for blood. Not much room to enjoy a beer ride the uninsured unregistered ditch banger anymore, to exercise ones own common sense and have fun are no more.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I thought I was pretty clear ;) Yes you can certainly register without insurance and NO insurance is not required in the alpine as stated.
Curtis, we don't have it as good. Here in AB we cannot get registration without proof of valid insurance.

jerry

Reaction score
no one should be riding any where with out insurance unless you have money to pay if you hurt or kill someone

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since talking about insurance, what about getting to and from the mountains. Most insurance will not cover your sled if it's in someone else's trailer and a accident happens,you need collision coverage for this. The owner of truck and trailer can put insurance on trailer but that does not cover contents for other peoples sleds. Also if your buddy is pulling your trailer then insurance the owner of trailer has on the trailer does not apply, this came from a discussion I had with insurance company a few years ago,maybe it has changed or maybe not, maybe something people should call and chat with insurance company about.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Owner of trailer doesn’t have insurance on anything hauled that can be registered or insured either .
Items need to be insured or no insurance.
Just FYI

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously who does not want insurance on their sled. Big truck big trailer no sled insurance sounds pretty dumb. One incident would ruin your life financially . My insurance is 350yr...whoopteedoo

If the sled you ride is stolen you probably don't want insurance. I bet there are many like that unfortunately.

Top Bottom