First Diesel Truck

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok guys, im in the market for a new truck, and have been considering a diesel.

im sure lots of you guys drive diesel trucks, so any suggestions about what ones to look for, and what ones to avoid?

ill be buying used and dont wanna spend more then 25G

all comments appreciated, thanks!:d

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Underdog said. Well worth looking into the truck that Bigfoot is looking to sell. I have personally seen the truck last summer and it is in beautiful shape.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saying.

looks pretty mint. although i dont know much about diesels so im just trying to get some info before i purchase one. i have been told fords are junk and blow up easily, but ive always liked ford. but like i said i dont know much.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks pretty mint. although i dont know much about diesels so im just trying to get some info before i purchase one. i have been told fords are junk and blow up easily, but ive always liked ford. but like i said i dont know much.

The cummins in dodge are super reliable. That truck still has at LEAST 400,000km left in her. Plus they get really good fuel economy.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drive both and when it comes to towing, the diesel does it nicely. I drive the family Dirtymax (2005 2500HD) and being all stock its pretty mellow, but it will pull.

When I buy my own diesel I'd look at a Dodge too. Cummins or Duramax.

Hands down never ever ever buy a Ford Powerjoke... the whole thing is a joke.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cummins in dodge are super reliable. That truck still has at LEAST 400,000km left in her. Plus they get really good fuel economy.

yep thats what ive heard. duramax and cummins are apparantly the way to go. my neighbor has one for sale but its a little to plain for me. ive been spoiled by leather in my current truck and dont think i can go back to cloth!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep thats what ive heard. duramax and cummins are apparantly the way to go. my neighbor has one for sale but its a little to plain for me. ive been spoiled by leather in my current truck and dont think i can go back to cloth!

Haha thats funny, My dad has a dodge with leather seats, and I prefer the cloth seats in my truck. With leather its hot in the summer, and besides heated seats, cold in the winter. :d

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

im sure lots of you guys drive diesel trucks, so any suggestions about what ones to look for, and what ones to avoid?

I might have a good used diesel doge larimie you might like..... IM me if interested.

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recommend a 1999-2003 Ford Superduty with the 7.3l. I love it, dad loves his. My buddies with dodges tell me how well it rides and the 7.3l powerstroke is bullet proof. Stay away from the 6 leaker powerstroke though, they are a pretty troublesome engine

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Check out Bigfoots post on his 2001 dodge with 43k on it. Nice truck not even broken in yet.....

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go ford look into a 7.3L, there a little older I think 03 and back, they are a great motor. Stay away from the 6.0L (what I got and its a headache).
I hear the 6.4L are a little heavy on fuel, but are a good motor if you do a EGR delete and a DPF Delete ( Diesel Particulate Filter). Just make sure doing a DPF delete doesn't void warranty (heard it might). Or just get a new 6.7L ford and test it out for us.

Cummins are a great motor, but there in a dodge. My dad and uncle and cousin all have dodges 1999, 2002, 2009. There trucks are running strong, but I find dodge to be alot rougher riding than my ford, and my dad had to do his front end twice and my uncle once on the 99 and 02, my cousins 09 is good so far.

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

TH ....... BF lives only a stones through from you . i am kicking my ass for not seeing the ad as i just bought a 1500 laremie for 10,500 hemi ... i would of made an offer on bigfoots truck in a heart beat .... i also have an 2000 24 valve 3500 with 350,000 and still running strong .. GO LOOK AT THE DAM THING !!

Top Bottom