Finaly got the 12.9 hardness Lower Pulley Bolts

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after 2 failures on 2 different machines, (14 & 15) I finally received the 12.9 hardness socket head bolts for the lower pulley of the belt drive. I broke the stock bolt on the 14 and a 10.9 hardness on the 15,

$3 if anyone needs one as I had to buy 25.

Chris

Attachments

• bolt.JPG
    bolt.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 398

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, just checked back here after some time, we sold about 1/2 our stock so far. I'm not sure which of you guys called and ordered so just send me a PM or email to chris@specified.ca and include your address so we can also give a freight rate to you.

Thanks,

Chris

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered four from you today, thanks for the help!! i had a failure on my 600 Pro and have personally seen 3 others fail this winter. I know others with 2000 miles+ and no issues so its tough to say what the main issue is.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered four from you today, thanks for the help!! i had a failure on my 600 Pro and have personally seen 3 others fail this winter. I know others with 2000 miles+ and no issues so its tough to say what the main issue is.

Some lower pulleys are tight on the shaft and many are loose from the factory. It is hard to tell if yours is perfect as it is difficult to see if there is any movement when you slam the throttle or slam the brake. Remember ANY movement on the shaft will have the pulley working side to side under the bolt head and either the bolt will become loose from wear or the head of the bolt will pop off after it has met its maximum stress threshold. It is a bad design, the shaft should be longer so the pulley could self center on the splines rather than being pulled off center all the time. I put Loctite 660 on both top and bottom spines on my 2015 to completely stop any movement. This product is designed for worn splines and is easily removed by heating. For me, losing another pulley and having no brakes is not an option. It happened to me 2 times on both my Pro's and both times I lucked out and just came out to flat ground after being on steep slopes.

Top Bottom