Fernie Winter 2016-2017

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well pictures say it all! Lococoin and I had a wicked day yesterday! Took his son and daughter and my youngest daughter out and had a blast! 50kms of sledding, some crazy carpet time, hot dogs at the cabin and fed some birds which I think they will be talking about for a long time! Snowing hard when we left and it was just a great day!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Bootilley

Reaction score
To the guys that took my brothers ramp off the back of his black Dodge 3500 at the coal creek parking lot Sunday afternoon. Karma is a bitch. I thought us sledders stuck together...... your time will come...... So if anyone is trying to sell a xdeck trifold ramp. Ask them where they got it from.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that crap hey!. might not be sledders it could be someone coming from town as the coal creek parking lot is a short drive from town

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the guys that took my brothers ramp off the back of his black Dodge 3500 at the coal creek parking lot Sunday afternoon. Karma is a bitch. I thought us sledders stuck together...... your time will come...... So if anyone is trying to sell a xdeck trifold ramp. Ask them where they got it from.

I haven't had one stolen but I have had someone "borrow" my ramp while I was sledding and repaid me by dropping it against my tailgate on one of my trucks years ago. Gouged and dented it. They didn't even put it back, just through it on top of the deck.

For the 45seconds it take to put a ramp away mine always gets put back for the last several years. $600-800 for a ramp is worth much more than my minute and a half of time to put it away and take it out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
****ty deal man! I have trust issues and I put my ramp away everytime and even lock my tailgate. I have never had an issue before and cannot believe the amount of people that leave super clamps and ramps out. That's just not the world we live in anymore unfortunately.

chedder

Reaction score
Had a great day today in the rolling hills. Still tons of fresh to be found. Only complaint was the trail up from coal Creek to the cabins. When was the last time that was groomed? Not sure if my hips or my sled's shocks are in worse shape after riding

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great day today in the rolling hills. Still tons of fresh to be found. Only complaint was the trail up from coal Creek to the cabins. When was the last time that was groomed? Not sure if my hips or my sled's shocks are in worse shape after riding
It was groomed Saturday night and on Sunday it was in pretty good shape! They should groom Sunday night too, waiting until Thursday to groom again is way too long.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are guys unloading in Corbin area? Are they still logging? I'm kinda bored of driving all the way to Morrissey for the same trail conditions.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are guys unloading in Corbin area? Are they still logging? I'm kinda bored of driving all the way to Morrissey for the same trail conditions.

Yes they opened Coal Creek about 2 weeks ago Grooming is hit and miss

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Corbin was as busy as I have ever seen it this past weekend. Still beat the hell outta a wooped out trail though.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail on Coal was nasty on the way up Saturday morning. It was as a little better on the way down as the groomer had made a pass during the day sometime. Now I realize its not the groomers fault at the bottom where the snow was soft, but up top where the snow was set up you could totally see the moguls under the fresh ribbon that had been laid down...that doesn't seem right to me...not sure what is going on.

On Sunday at Morrissey, the trail was good both up and down.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coal Creek trail SUCKS!
Getting pretty tired of this FSA....
Will be hard pressed to give you my money next year.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They need to get more serous on grooming, we were there one day last week, and one of the guys was the Grommer from graves creek.. Exact words were his trail system would never be like this, then we took him down the pipeline for a while, still complaining about it..lol

Need you back Doug..

Coal Creek trail SUCKS!
Getting pretty tired of this FSA....
Will be hard pressed to give you my money next year.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup was told 103 paid riders on Saturday not including members and not including the people that drove right by the pass lady! That's a lot of money as well Friday was busy and Sunday also! This also does not include fees that were collect at Morrissey! Pretty sad how bad it's been since Doug left! Trail does not get time to set either.

Arctichuk

Reaction score
Anyone know if they groomed coal creek yesterday? Came down morrisey at dusk last night and didn't see a groomer.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sad to say, came down coal last night
was beat to ****, will not be going up there again
they have to get a grooming program, what they have organized this year is crap
i have been a long time member but next year i will have to wait to see is my money goes
Please bring Doug back

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was thinking of riding there next week, not anymore! Something needs to be done!!

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sad to say, came down coal last night
was beat to ****, will not be going up there again
they have to get a grooming program, what they have organized this year is crap
i have been a long time member but next year i will have to wait to see is my money goes
Please bring Doug back

Agree 100% that Coal Creek was bad yesterday...if they groomed on Thursday night you sure couldn't tell.

Top Bottom