Fernie conditions

teddybear26x

Reaction score
Heard they had 12" on people's deck in downtown Fernie.

I can't confirm that tho' as the source is unknown.
I'll confirm that for sure. Although it was nice and warm in the sun today so most of the snow melted of my deck before I even thought about shovelling it off. Should be AWESOME out there. Had a couple buddies go out today and said it was great. So jealous, I had to work and my kitty is still apart waiting in line for her hospital visit to get some upgrades I don't feel comfortable doing. Fingers crossed, I should be go by the end of next week.

Hey doug, I apologize for not coming out this year. I actually didn't even know about the build. I know I know the word was supposedly all over the place. Just didn't check on here much and sometimes I get the news letter and sometimes I don't. kinda weird. So, in loo of not helping I would like to extend my never retracting hand to you and the club if you need any help whats so ever. just give a PM on here and I will try my best to do whatever you need done. I will have tuesdays wednesday and thursday off this season (unless something happens at work). So just let me know.
When do you guys plan on starting to groom this year?? or have you already gone out?
really hope to run into you this year. Maybe make a day trip up to your neck of the woods there. Would love to start learning more of the area.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'll confirm that for sure. Although it was nice and warm in the sun today so most of the snow melted of my deck before I even thought about shovelling it off. Should be AWESOME out there. Had a couple buddies go out today and said it was great. So jealous, I had to work and my kitty is still apart waiting in line for her hospital visit to get some upgrades I don't feel comfortable doing. Fingers crossed, I should be go by the end of next week.

Hey doug, I apologize for not coming out this year. I actually didn't even know about the build. I know I know the word was supposedly all over the place. Just didn't check on here much and sometimes I get the news letter and sometimes I don't. kinda weird. So, in loo of not helping I would like to extend my never retracting hand to you and the club if you need any help whats so ever. just give a PM on here and I will try my best to do whatever you need done. I will have tuesdays wednesday and thursday off this season (unless something happens at work). So just let me know.
When do you guys plan on starting to groom this year?? or have you already gone out?
really hope to run into you this year. Maybe make a day trip up to your neck of the woods there. Would love to start learning more of the area.

Thanks man. We won't start grooming for awhile as we need snow on the lower part of the trail/road to run the groomer. The canted corners and little climb around the 42 km mark sort of prevent us from pulling the SnowCat up to the snow line. We error on the side of caution as we don't want the SnowCat down the bank like the load of drill pipe years ago. People don't understand all the idiosyncrasies that we work with and that is another of the many that things we as a grooming committee deal with.

We will be grooming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday this year so maybe we can hook up for a grooming run on a Wednesday. Still working at Yama?

teddybear26x

Reaction score
Sounds great. Yeah I'm still at Yamagoya. Unless something crazy happens ill be here for years to come.
I would love to come for a ride along on a Wednesday.
chat with you soon

teddybear26x

Reaction score
I am happy and sad to report that fernie is getting pounded with snow good 7-8" in the last 12 hrs. I'm sad cause I might not be able to enjoy any of this year. Just found out I might have a engine in need of serious repairs with no money to do so.
So, I thought I would let you guys know that the fernie pow is finally starting to show up.

Might have to join you in the cat more often this year doug. Might be the only pow I see. haha aaaahhh uh umph

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I am happy and sad to report that fernie is getting pounded with snow good 7-8" in the last 12 hrs. I'm sad cause I might not be able to enjoy any of this year. Just found out I might have a engine in need of serious repairs with no money to do so.
So, I thought I would let you guys know that the fernie pow is finally starting to show up.

Might have to join you in the cat more often this year doug. Might be the only pow I see. haha aaaahhh uh umph

Right on! Sorry about your sled. Muff-pot business may help so keep positive.

teddybear26x

Reaction score
Total snowfall since yesterday afternoon is 13" and it's still going hard.
I'll stay positive Doug. I just hope there are some really hungry people out there. Haha

guido88gt

Reaction score
Any reports on coal creek and the notch? Heading for a rip on Saturday can't decide where to go...

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super skimpy. Rode there Monday. Have never seen underneath wranglers cabin till then... Lots of trees poking through on trail. Rough as you know what. Lots of open water on pipeline. Up top was ok but very little for base.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I was at the Rolling Hills cabin today and there is anywhere from 4-5' in the bush with each probe. The Coal Creek trail is smooth to Pages or Km 47.5 and then up to the Rolling Hills cabin it gets rougher the higher one goes. It has been much worse and for early season the trail is pretty good. The new trail through the Hills is rough as there is more snow the higher one gets and therefore the moguls are bigger.

The SnowCat will be out on Saturday setting the trail but don't expect too much as this is not a grooming run; it is setting the trail to width, making it flat, filling in the creeks, and packing.

With another dump, it will be good.

Vets07

Reaction score
Went out today in Fernie, got to check out the new cabin and the addition to wrangler's cabin. Wow nice work, thank you guys.

We checked out the rolling hills and the end of the pipeline. Snow was the best just to the west of the end of the pipeline was around 5' deep with more on the NE facing slopes. The snow was very consolidated all the way down to about 1'there is a hard layer there. Was a great first ride of the season.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone hit it up today after the massive dump? coming tommorow hopefully as deep as i here it is down there

Top Bottom