Fernie Conditions

Scotthw

Reaction score
Going to be heading up to fernie this sunday to do some sledding just wondering what the conditions are like in the rolling hills and pipeline are like thanks

torkd

Reaction score
Last weekend we were out there and we are comin back sunday. The snow was awesome if you can play in the trees. The stuff out in the open is tracked and wind blowin, looking at the snow forcast it should be a great weekend anywhere you go in there.

Scotthw

Reaction score
ok thanks ya i was looking at there weather forcast and it looks like they are suppose to be getting some snow

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Rolling Hills today.
It was awesome! Found lots of deep snow. Snowed all day today.
Trail from Fernie was pretty good and mostly like washboard with the corners having the worst bumps. There are some grat rides in the trees.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Rolling Hills today.
It was awesome! Found lots of deep snow. Snowed all day today.
Trail from Fernie was pretty good and mostly like washboard with the corners having the worst bumps. There are some grat rides in the trees.

I agree. Rode there as well today and the snow was 1.5 to 2 ft in the trees and it was snowing hard on the way out this afternoon. Were you riding with a yellow Doo zx 800 today mac900?

Scotthw

Reaction score
ok thanks guys i cant wait we always check the avalanche conditions and we dont even go near wear its steep with no trees and if it doesnt look safe we dont go on it
where suppose to get a dump of snow here to maybe i dont need to go to the mountians haha no the mountians are always better then here lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
By 8:00 pm, last night, there was 6" or 15 cm of fresh in the Rolling Hills and it was still snowing hard.

I'm gonna get a deck on the mogul master to carry my sled as there is sooooo much untracked through the trees when we groom that it would be sweet for a little night ride.

Trail to the Wrangler's is baby-butt smooth for Sat morning. Enjoy.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. Rode there as well today and the snow was 1.5 to 2 ft in the trees and it was snowing hard on the way out this afternoon. Were you riding with a yellow Doo zx 800 today mac900?

Yes. My brother in-law on the zx.
We whipped out to the notch first thing but visibility was pretty bad so we came back and played in the trees. Conditions are a bit odd. I've never seen wind blown cornices on the small hills just off the trail into rolling hills. I really like the high visibility stakes they've place along the trails. Makes it easier to keep a handle on where you are, especially when it's snowing and everything starts looking the same.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was on the 2012 Summit x with my daughter on the xp 600 Summit. We pulled up to the cabin when you were there and then saw you parked in the Rolling Hills on our way out. Glad to hear you guys had a great day to.

Scotthw

Reaction score
By 8:00 pm, last night, there was 6" or 15 cm of fresh in the Rolling Hills and it was still snowing hard.

I'm gonna get a deck on the mogul master to carry my sled as there is sooooo much untracked through the trees when we groom that it would be sweet for a little night ride.

Trail to the Wrangler's is baby-butt smooth for Sat morning. Enjoy.
ok thanks looks like it should be a good time then

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you had a great ride Saturday. We had a great time off to the right of the notch on Friday. The snow was nice in the trees.

Top Bottom