fernie conditions, hope its alright to ask

nolan94

Reaction score
Hey guys lookin for some help ? Been down flat head to rain guage ,elliott lake and Barnes but havnt found Limestine or Geromes bowl < any directions would help???:d:rant:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Hey guys lookin for some help ? Been down flat head to rain guage ,elliott lake and Barnes but havnt found Limestine or Geromes bowl < any directions would help???:d:rant:

Limestone is the ridge above Barnes lake. The first picture i posted shows the backside of limestone ridge from geromes bowl.

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is 4 of us going to Fernie area next Thursday. Dont know the areas to well so kinda looking for a little guidance as to great places to hit or if anyone has maps of the area, would be much appreciated. Also wondering what the snow conditions are like cause we need to make a desicion on truck/trailer/deckloader combo to use. If we need to travel down trails to get to snow we want someting to make turning around easy. If snow is at the main parking lots we will use 4 place trailer. All 4 of us have been mountain riding for at least 15-20 years.:d

nolan94

Reaction score
Limestone is the ridge above Barnes lake. The first picture i posted shows the backside of limestone ridge from geromes bowl.

Thanks alot , I see head over limestone and you are in geromes bowl ???

We had a guy telling us to go all the way down the creek south barnes lake and down the ridge just east of the creek to the bottom turn rh and keep going to get to Limestone??

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
There is 4 of us going to Fernie area next Thursday. Dont know the areas to well so kinda looking for a little guidance as to great places to hit or if anyone has maps of the area, would be much appreciated. Also wondering what the snow conditions are like cause we need to make a desicion on truck/trailer/deckloader combo to use. If we need to travel down trails to get to snow we want someting to make turning around easy. If snow is at the main parking lots we will use 4 place trailer. All 4 of us have been mountain riding for at least 15-20 years.:d

we unloaded at the parking lot in corbin and only rode a few hundred feet of gravel, parking lot is very muddy by the end of the day. cant speak for anything around fernie as i have not been to there in a while. morrisey i would say you will be driving up quite a ways. coal creek is probably driving in a little also but not as bad as morrisey. look for a guy named ferniesnow, he will know current unloading conditions and know where to get a map on the fernie side. the pipeline on the corbin side still had snow right to the highway but i would say that the pipeline will be in horrible shape. I will be unloading in corbin this saturday morning around 10-11 am if u want to tag along for a ride. the coditions are still real good for the winter we have been having. cheers.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
we unloaded at the parking lot in corbin and only rode a few hundred feet of gravel, parking lot is very muddy by the end of the day. cant speak for anything around fernie as i have not been to there in a while. morrisey i would say you will be driving up quite a ways. coal creek is probably driving in a little also but not as bad as morrisey. look for a guy named ferniesnow, he will know current unloading conditions and know where to get a map on the fernie side. the pipeline on the corbin side still had snow right to the highway but i would say that the pipeline will be in horrible shape. I will be unloading in corbin this saturday morning around 10-11 am if u want to tag along for a ride. the coditions are still real good for the winter we have been having. cheers.

Look at "Where to stay in Fernie" for the latest post and pictures. 4-6" of fresh and a fresh groom on Tuesday.....Enjoy

Top Bottom