ferine area snow

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'll be a newbie to Fernie Dec 26-Jan 1. What should i expect? I heard its a lower elevation? More wide open areas?

Staging starts at 3500' and one rides pretty much 5800'-7500' depending on which staging area. It is not the wide open alpine of Revy that goes on for miles and miles. Great tree riding and normally lots of powder. Huge area and lots of trails into lots of basins and bowls but that takes quite awhile to find.

Fernie is an unknown destination that is slowly being more and more.

butters

Reaction score
Well all I hear is good things about fernie from everyone I talk to. It could be my new destination after this exploratory trip. How about best accommodation, and place to eat? Any place I MUST visit, or in that case MUST avoid?

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode wesnday snow variesn from range to range but at elevation in a feww areas most dont get to see it was stupid deep the good news is it hasnt stoped talked to my buddy who rode there today and says its unreal

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Well all I hear is good things about fernie from everyone I talk to. It could be my new destination after this exploratory trip. How about best accommodation, and place to eat? Any place I MUST visit, or in that case MUST avoid?

The Super 8 is a decent place to stay. The hotel has gone down hill a little bit but it is not a dive. I like the Best Western because it is in good shape and close to a Liquor Store.

I like a little pub called the Brick House. I have always had great food and they have a good selection of beer on tap.

This post makes me sound like an alcoholic but I don't think I am LOL.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

The Park Place Lodge is also a great place with a great pub with lots of character, in-house liquor store, better restaurant than BP and across the street from a great Sushi place (YamaGoya). Bag lunches are available and they are open for breakfast. A great sponsor of the FSA and the host hotel for Mountain Mania V.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gotta chime in and reco-mend park place lodge. its central to everything, walking distance. liquor store is open til 2300!

Maniac1

Reaction score
Website
www.jurassicattack.com
when we went to the park place it was very noisy there was a collage ski bunch there and they never told us ahead of time. They made huge noise in pool area til about 4AM and when we complained they seemed to cater to the large group over regular customars.
I recomend the stanford just out towards the hill. great pool, waterslide hot tubs,exercise room and a cabin atmosphere.

teddybear26x

Reaction score
The Park Place Lodge is also a great place with a great pub with lots of character, in-house liquor store, better restaurant than BP and across the street from a great Sushi place (YamaGoya). Bag lunches are available and they are open for breakfast. A great sponsor of the FSA and the host hotel for Mountain Mania V.
yamagoya has great sushi!!
Thanx Doug and Blue Plate. We try hard to keep high standards. Glad it shows.
Gonna Talk to the owner real soon and see if we can work out some sort of S&M discount at Yamagoya. Maybe a 10% off thing. I'll keep everyone up to date on it. Hopefully he goes for it.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanx Doug and Blue Plate. We try hard to keep high standards. Glad it shows.
Gonna Talk to the owner real soon and see if we can work out some sort of S&M discount at Yamagoya. Maybe a 10% off thing. I'll keep everyone up to date on it. Hopefully he goes for it.

That would be awesome………but with Sushi, you get what you pay for!!

Nothing better than a few fresh YamaGoya rolls, a little wasabi and ginger, all washed down with a nice cold Corona and lime!

Great little place right across from another favorite of mine, the Park Place Lodge!

BIG FORD

Reaction score
hey not a lot of info on the snow down there does anyone have any current updates want to do a day trip tomorrow and it sounds like golden has had a tone of people there so thinking its going to be pounded out thanks for any reports

teddybear26x

Reaction score
Puking. Still a little thin down low from what I heard but we've had around 50 cm in the last 72hrs

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy said up top at the ski hill was like heli-ski quality,
but lower mtn was 50cm on nothing and many people regretted taking secret stashes down low.
if you know where to go fernie will be fun
stay high,
and yes, here in golden its getting rather busy, and still rocky

Top Bottom