Fender Bender $@%!

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No injury, my truck was parked when hit. Any insurance guys lend some knowledge how this chit show works? Insurance Adjuster is coming over tomorrow to check it out. How do they decide whats classified as a write off or fixable? I know it will have to be towed and checked out by a autobody shop. Black book would be chit on my rig since its 10 years old, but i have mega extras in aftermarket stuff done to the truck that i'm afraid won't be accounted for. Is aftermarket stuff looked at in total value or am i just pouched. Its worth what its worth and that it?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No injury, my truck was parked when hit. Any insurance guys lend some knowledge how this chit show works? Insurance Adjuster is coming over tomorrow to check it out. How do they decide whats classified as a write off or fixable? I know it will have to be towed and checked out by a autobody shop. Black book would be chit on my rig since its 10 years old, but i have mega extras in aftermarket stuff done to the truck that i'm afraid won't be accounted for. Is aftermarket stuff looked at in total value or am i just pouched. Its worth what its worth and that it?

I wish you the best of luck but I have not had good luck with aftermarket stuff. If they do write it off you may be better to buy it back and salvage your parts and start the build again.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish you the best of luck but I have not had good luck with aftermarket stuff. If they do write it off you may be better to buy it back and salvage your parts and start the build again.

chiiiiiit:frusty:

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
typically insurance will fix to 80% of the value of the vehicle, sometime tough to get to a mutual agreement of that value. If you not a dick with them and a little patience you will do fine.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_2431.PNG IMG_2432.PNG IMG_2434.PNG IMG_2433.PNG
The door and side step are minor. The car hit the front tire pretty hard. the tire was straight before being hit.

Last edited:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can take your after market stuff off of the truck if they won't cover it

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell from the pic, but looks like a bent steering linkage. that will be fuk all to fix that.

The control arm bracket that's cracked is my biggest concern, but ya should be mostly bolt on stuff. Also the steering wheel won't lock out now, was locked when hit.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The control arm bracket that's cracked is my biggest concern, but ya should be mostly bolt on stuff. Also the steering wheel won't lock out now, was locked when hit.

Im not a insurance adjuster, but looks fixable to me. Good luck.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine was able to get a good amount of the value of his aftermarket stuff covered. However this was in the case of a write off and fortunately he kept his receipts filed away. Not sure if this would be the case with vehicles that are repairable though

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine was able to get a good amount of the value of his aftermarket stuff covered. However this was in the case of a write off and fortunately he kept his receipts filed away. Not sure if this would be the case with vehicles that are repairable though

Depends on the insurance company, in my policy I have a few thou for accessories. Cost be a couple dollars more a month but covers what I have.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck is all I have to say. Took me over 3 years to finally get mine settled with my retarded insurance company. Does depend a bit what company you are with, but be prepared to get screwed around unless it's very minor. I ended up having to sue the other driver and my insurance company before they took it seriously. In the end I did very well though.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the insurance company, in my policy I have a few thou for accessories. Cost be a couple dollars more a month but covers what I have.

The coverage you have only matters if you deal through your own insurance. If you try to deal directly with the other drivers company the coverage you have doesn't mean anything. I had this problem as my truck was only 5 months old so I had replacement coverage, and other company wanted to repair with used parts and I told them where they should shove their used parts....

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wifes car was hit while parked on the street, since it was the other party’s insurance the car got fixed and not written off, the repair was way more than the car was worth and repaired with oem parts.
Now IMO the reason it was not written off was the mileage and the overall condition of this 7 year old car. The car did look brand new and I just detailed it days before.
All I can say is I hope it works out for yah.

Last edited:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The coverage you have only matters if you deal through your own insurance. If you try to deal directly with the other drivers company the coverage you have doesn't mean anything. I had this problem as my truck was only 5 months old so I had replacement coverage, and other company wanted to repair with used parts and I told them where they should shove their used parts....

I was gonna post a long response but I will keep it short. Your insurance is suppose to work for you, they other company doesn't give a **** about you.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago my son hit a moose with a half ton. Repair estimate was $6200. They wrote it off (body shop was shocked as normally it’s 70% plus)and asked me what I thought was fair. I said 11.5-12k.They wrote me a cheque for 12k. I paid $9500 for the truck in February at dealer auction and had put $1500 into it. Have already cashed the cheque. This was with co operators.

Top Bottom