February conditions

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
It's the 7th of February and no one has started this yet. Don't blame you. -29 today with bluebird skies and no wind. No new snow for the past three weeks or so and it's just like concrete out there. The good news is the trail is great and it's supposed to snow starting the middle of next week, just in time for everyone to come for Family Day. Will keep you updated on the snow situation.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw groomed Tuesday and it's in MINT condition!! Lucielle has hardly been used so it's in great shape!! And Belle being groomed tonight!! Like Judy said highway smooth from top to bottom!

pcledrew

Reaction score
We're heading out on the 14th and riding Saturday through Monday. Really liking the forecast looking into next week. This will be my first trip to the mountains so I'm hoping it all pulls together and the conditions are good. Thanks to everyone for providing updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jarreth

Reaction score
went up renshaw today. trail up was awesome but packed like concrete & couldnt find any powder anywere. sleds were over heating even though it was -20. no snow to keep cool. should have stayed home.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just spent 2 days riding in "the burn" on Bell Mtn. Not fresh snow conditions, but we had a blast with some of the most technical tree/creek riding I have accomplished this season. Plenty of untracked left up there for the weekend, the lower we went, the better the snow got. Enjoy!

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah.... while it was cold as heck down in town and the parking lots, we were sweating both days up on Bell.... maybe -10 at the coldest.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode bell today also was packed in the main areas found some great snow in the trees cold start in the day though needed a heat gun to start 3 etec's -30 in the valley
Much warmer on the hill . Had a blast:)

Sent from my iPhone using

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode bell today also was packed in the main areas found some great snow in the trees cold start in the day though needed a heat gun to start 3 etec's -30 in the valley

They are tough to get going when the temperature dips down. Just so much compression to pull over.......Had to warm mine up a few times to get going. Tarp over the front end with panels open and a propane infrared. Takes about 1/2 hr and sure helps alot.

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When she's that cold out just fire up the coffee and baileys and call it a me day!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Holy crap, a heat gun to get the legendary etec to start??? i don't want to de-rail this thread but my cat started 2nd pull using the strap on the primary. Even my old 05 Rev would start pretty easy in -30.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

[h=2]Current Conditions[/h]

Not observed

[h=2]Forecast[/h]

[h=3]Graphic forecast[/h]
[h=4]Sun
9 Feb[/h]
01.gif

• -14°C

[h=4]Mon
10 Feb[/h]
17.gif

• -9°C
  • -24°C

[h=4]Tue
11 Feb[/h]
16.gif

• -2°C
  • -14°C

[h=4]Wed
12 Feb[/h]
16.gif

• 30%
  • -1°C
  • -10°C

[h=4]Thu
13 Feb[/h]
08.gif

• 60%
  • -1°C
  • -7°C

[h=4]Fri
14 Feb[/h]
16.gif

• 60%
  • 0°C
  • -7°C

[h=4]Sat
15 Feb[/h]
02.gif

• 1°C
  • -8°C
[h=3]Detailed forecast[/h]Issued: 11:00 AM PST Sunday 9 February 2014
Today, 9 FebruaryMainly sunny. High minus 14.Tonight, 9 FebruaryA few clouds. Increasing cloudiness near midnight. Low minus 24.Monday, 10 FebruaryCloudy. Snow beginning in the morning. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind southeast 30 km/h. High minus 9. Cold wind chill minus 36. Risk of frostbite.Tuesday, 11 FebruaryPeriods of snow. Low minus 14. High minus 2.Wednesday, 12 FebruaryCloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 10. High minus 1.Thursday, 13 FebruaryA mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 7. High minus 1.Friday, 14 FebruaryCloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 7. High zero.Saturday

Snowflakes every day then a warm weekend.See you Friday night Mcbride.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, a heat gun to get the legendary etec to start??? i don't want to de-rail this thread but my cat started 2nd pull using the strap on the primary. Even my old 05 Rev would start pretty easy in -30.

had exactly the same problem today, e-tek doesn't start. PRO starts easily.
What kind of heat gun are you guys using? Is that propane fueled, portable?

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just used a electric heat gun takes about 10 min to get them going
Sorry I brought this up

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep us updated on how much snow this storm is bringing, we will be up first thing Saturday morning :) braaaap braaaap

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I unloaded the two freerides today. One was sitting for a day in -30 the other two days in -30. One started ok with a couple pulls the other one I had to drag in the garage and let it sit for an hour before it fired. The issue is with the engine so cold you can't pull it over quick enough to start. Once you get it so it will turn quick enough the engine will fire right up. I am going to get a cheap heat gun for the mountains I think just in case it happens again.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Much new snow since Feb 1st weekend?

Hoping theres more now then there was then, Headed up Friday Morning

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's snowing in the area from weather radar and hiway cams. Suppose to go this weekend but sleds apart and my ride isn't bothering to contact me, usually not a good sign.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN
Top Bottom