Farmer talk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy I just started down a rabbit hole here.

Anyone have this all figured out when going to BC?

5ed4ffd87bd90d95f4ad33c761938481.jpg

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda wished I never looked into any of this.

So with a comercial or a farm plated vechile to travel out of your home province and into BC you need:

1: FR Number
2: Safety Fitness Certificate
3: A log book.
94944803e98783f88d3237ab650aedc5.jpg

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FR? I'm guessing that's liability insurance?

Log book layout like the big rigs? Or just pre trip inspection?
From what I am reading a FR number is like a guarantee to BC government that you have enough insurance to drive in their beautiful province.

Log book and pre inspection seems to be the requirement.
FML, I'd clock out at rogers.

Thinking about taking the farm plate off the 350, too much hassle for a 9c/l savings.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I am reading a FR number is like a guarantee to BC government that you have enough insurance to drive in their beautiful province.

Log book and pre inspection seems to be the requirement.
FML, I'd clock out at rogers.

Thinking about taking the farm plate off the 350, too much hassle for a 9c/l savings.

There is no way they are gonna stop an F350 with farm plates towing a sled trailer or running a deck? Surely they aren’t that stupid?

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
savings are gonna be more than .09 litre starting tmr in berta
I save about .22 litre on my diesel fuel here in bc no carbon tax on farm fuel here yet

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no way they are gonna stop an F350 with farm plates towing a sled trailer or running a deck? Surely they aren’t that stupid?

They are going to ban your semi rifle to stop shootings between gangs in TO, does that answer your question?

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
You must have spent some time with the DOT boys. they love that easy stuff. Makes the quota look good and there is a small chance of a reversal in court. If i was in that business thats what you want. No loose ends, open and shut cases. its unfortunate that performance ratings are like that but hey... Work smarter not harder.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You must have spent some time with the DOT boys. they love that easy stuff. Makes the quota look good and there is a small chance of a reversal in court. If i was in that business thats what you want. No loose ends, open and shut cases. its unfortunate that performance ratings are like that but hey... Work smarter not harder.

one thing that people dont seem to catch on to, CVSE LOVES to stop out of town trucks. They can pick them over, get their tickets and inspections and not have to pick on the local guys they see every day. A win win for the locals.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess we pretty
much have to come to the conclusion that BC has gone full on mental retardation as of late then. Sure starting to seem like we are leaving a free country to a communist country just after Lake Louise?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess we pretty
much have to come to the conclusion that BC has gone full on mental retardation as of late then. Sure starting to seem like we are leaving a free country to a communist country just after Lake Louise?
It's like this when you head east too, happened to me in Manitoba of all places, right before lake of the woods.

Top Bottom