Farmer talk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it is a bourgault drill. 3310. The chevron grease says for extreme pressure heavy duty applications, bearings and sliding surfaces.

I use Chevron on my Bourgault 5710 as well and had 2 bander bearings go this spring as well. I will have to check the grease to see what it says. It is the red colored Rykotac. I am anal about greasing them and checking bander bearing play each year so was surprised to see the bearings go this spring.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Chevron on my Bourgault 5710 as well and had 2 bander bearings go this spring as well. I will have to check the grease to see what it says. It is the red colored Rykotac. I am anal about greasing them and checking bander bearing play each year so was surprised to see the bearings go this spring.

I am done with Midrows, if I keep the drill (5710) I will be putting on a Salford shank. Way to much maintenance and down time with midrows.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am done with Midrows, if I keep the drill (5710) I will be putting on a Salford shank. Way to much maintenance and down time with midrows.

Extra greasing everyday. Always adjusting scraper height. Little rocks flip up and jam the disc from turning. Trash plugging between shank and bander assembly. What in the world are you talking about? There is no maintenance?:noidea::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is my new toy of the year; J.D. - 4830. We're spending lots of time together. Just got the new trailer, have to set-up pumps and chem-handler. Looking for an eight foot se-can with doors on both ends. I will put that just behind the water tank. Note to self, should of waited and spent the extra money on the tank with a baffle!

J.D. sure did a good job with their sprayer's!

If anyone is running behind, or can put some acres together, I will do custom work!

Attachments

• IMAG0058_1.jpg
    IMAG0058_1.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMAG0060_1.jpg
    IMAG0060_1.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 89

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running a Deere 40 series sprayer, yet? I've heard they have been having some problems.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is my new toy of the year; J.D. - 4830. We're spending lots of time together. Just got the new trailer, have to set-up pumps and chem-handler. Looking for an eight foot se-can with doors on both ends. I will put that just behind the water tank. Note to self, should of waited and spent the extra money on the tank with a baffle!

If anyone is running behind, or can put some acres together, I will do custom work!

Very nice outfit.. I think I guy will step out of the sprayer and into the swather the way this year is shaping up.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is our first year with a self propelled sprayer and love our 4730. 6 to 700 acres a day fairly easy if we keep going. Only running 10.7 to 11.4 mph. Year we could drive 14 but when we get in small patches or short rows its tough to drive that fast all the time.

Sent while not working too hard

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crops are behind this year. Cold May and June.

Our corn is looking awesome but we could still use some water, when it gets around 90 or so the corn is curling up. Seems a little early for that so some moisture would be nice. The beans on the other hand are more hit or miss. People that didnt use a pre-emerge herbicide have nice looking beans but the ones that used a pre (us included) have some herbicide due to it being so dry early then on e the beans cracked the surface we got a hard packing rain which splashed some chemical residue on the bean. So some look funny looking beans here since they dont have leaves on the bottom but a few leaves on top. Agronomist says they will grow out of it. If beans like to be stressed a little we should have 80 bushel beans

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crops behind here to, need some big water; all we get is wind! All storms have gone around us, last week only 1/10" of rain......

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6000 acres with the drill but for the first half it was being pulled by a 976 ford versatile but the atom jet pump we put on it was giving us issues so we bought the new tractor a year early to finish seeding witch we are almost done only 120 acres to go

My dad doesn't like the tracks we tried one last year when we demoed the drill. He mostly likes the challenger for the cat engine and the weight of it. it is a nice tractor.

sweet. if im ever in the area i might have to swing by and check out the tractor, always been a fan o them cats but there are non in my area

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are getting rain like crazy here. crops are looking awesome, should be a good year, but i wont hold my breath, its not in the bin yet haha

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet. if im ever in the area i might have to swing by and check out the tractor, always been a fan o them cats but there are non in my area

I li e just outside of jackson mn where them cat tractors are built. They just had a HUGE open house again since they recently added the massey fergusion line here too.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is also a place I would like to check out. We have lots of cat combines out this way just not tractors. I ran the new cat 770 combine last fall. Damn that thing is a effin beast of a combine!!!! 40ft straight cut head in heavy heavy wheat crop cutting low and was doing 6mph no problem. One could do 6.5-7mph easy

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It hurts when I'm driving the old man's tractor down the ditch and a combine is passing me in the field. You're big and pounding through the product - slow down!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great choice of sprayers Zeebs! Welcome to the world of never ending chem application,

Last edited:

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great choice of sprayers Zeebs! Welcome to the world of never ending chem application,

It isnt so bad. We use to run 2 sprayers. A 1600 gallon 120' top air sprayer and a 500gallon 60' 3pt mount. Used the 3pt for small patches, end rows, around waterways, and sidehills where the top air had all the good going. What a nightmare to keep two sprayers going and then the famous odd rows when they met together in the field.

With the 4730 two man operation and 6 to 700 acres a day compared to 500 before (only once did we put up 700 acres a day before)

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It isnt so bad. We use to run 2 sprayers. A 1600 gallon 120' top air sprayer and a 500gallon 60' 3pt mount. Used the 3pt for small patches, end rows, around waterways, and sidehills where the top air had all the good going. What a nightmare to keep two sprayers going and then the famous odd rows when they met together in the field.

With the 4730 two man operation and 6 to 700 acres a day compared to 500 before (only once did we put up 700 acres a day before)

Only 600-700 acre days? We've done 1000 with our little spra-coupe so far today.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running 3.5 gallon nozzles.... Don't try that with Liberty, canola turns brown......

Top Bottom