Farmer talk

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338783968.845810.jpg
With the price of machinery I never would have thought we would have I new drill and tractor. But I am liking both.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it have air tanks, and a governor, similar to a semi? I would check the governor if it does.

Its got an air tank but i didnt see a governor like the truck has. Kinda confusing since it hasnt done that before when i moved it. Calling john deere tech first thing in the AM. Ill keep ya posted.

Sent while not working too hard

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its got an air tank but i didnt see a governor like the truck has. Kinda confusing since it hasnt done that before when i moved it. Calling john deere tech first thing in the AM. Ill keep ya posted.

It's been over 5 years since I worked at the John Deere dealer, so I can't really remember what the system is like.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess thats the way its suppose to run. I would think it would be hard on the compressor but the tech says they have never had one go bad even dating back to the 4700 days. I suppose its better that way since the suspension is constantly working.

crosroads

Reaction score
Thanks, I was speaking with them and I was going to demo a unit to seed my hay stubble but could not get it arranged.

They work great for that. Just pulls harder. We've done that on a few fields with good results, even did some canola into alfalfa stubble this year with really good results. The big rain help there too though...

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess thats the way its suppose to run. I would think it would be hard on the compressor but the tech says they have never had one go bad even dating back to the 4700 days. I suppose its better that way since the suspension is constantly working.

Makes sense I guess.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They work great for that. Just pulls harder. We've done that on a few fields with good results, even did some canola into alfalfa stubble this year with really good results. The big rain help there too though...

Ya my 5710 is tough slow pull (2.5-3.0mph) but I have to remind myself it is only one pull. Canola on hay stubble, I have never had the balls to try. Rain is key to success. Keep us posted on how your crop does over the season.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, after accepting the bet, Mo-May Mayhem is finally over. Seeding complete for a bit and now the beard comes off! Have to say I will not miss it!

I now know why I prefer lino to carpet, maybe that comment was for another thread.....

Attachments

• IMAbeard51.jpg
    IMAbeard51.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMAbeard52.jpg
    IMAbeard52.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 93

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, after accepting the bet, Mo-May Mayhem is finally over. Seeding complete for a bit and now the beard comes off! Have to say I will not miss it!

I now know why I prefer lino to carpet, maybe that comment was for another thread.....

HaHa. I only had a 10 day beard this spring. I was pretty happy to shave it as well but not near bad enough to get it custom cut. Lol.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HaHa. I only had a 10 day beard this spring. I was pretty happy to shave it as well but not near bad enough to get it custom cut. Lol.

Lmao, custom cut. Thats a gooder snopro! We all know hoe those custom cutters operate.............cut 'er high, cut 'er fast.

That custom cut comment wouldnt have been so good had this not been the farmer thread.

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice set up you got there, how many acres do you put in with that unit?
6000 acres with the drill but for the first half it was being pulled by a 976 ford versatile but the atom jet pump we put on it was giving us issues so we bought the new tractor a year early to finish seeding witch we are almost done only 120 acres to go

Nice unit but where are the tracks?
My dad doesn't like the tracks we tried one last year when we demoed the drill. He mostly likes the challenger for the cat engine and the weight of it. it is a nice tractor.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O.K., if you had tracks you would unhook and walk away. Hook up with strap to get drill, depending on how stuck the drill is. Just my thoughts...

Not fun with all that equipment behind you!

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O.K., if you had tracks you would unhook and walk away. Hook up with strap to get drill, depending on how stuck the drill is. Just my thoughts...

Not fun with all that equipment behind you!

That is what I did took about 20 min but I couldn't get back to seeding because it was raining pretty heavy.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Top Bottom