Farmer talk

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah 52 ft is to much for our hills. They have a 2040 model though. Talked to my neighbour today who has a 2060 grill and he wants to trade to a Bourgault now after 2 years with that drill. Says he has lots of breakdowns and even the rubber coming off the packers. Seems like everyone isn't completely happy what they are pulling these days.

We're paying way to much money for equipment that cannot last 5 years....... Oh someday's I want my 9450 JD drill back, seemed to get good crops, did'nt need blockage monitors or any electronics, and did'nt have much of a fertilizer bill, hmmmmmmmmmmmm

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're paying way to much money for equipment that cannot last 5 years....... Oh someday's I want my 9450 JD drill back, seemed to get good crops, did'nt need blockage monitors or any electronics, and did'nt have much of a fertilizer bill, hmmmmmmmmmmmm

You are so right! The electronics are the reason for the escalation. Is the technology better? Does a Bourgault drill actually grow a better crop than a JD drill or a Flexicoil?? I doubt it. I don't know where it is all going to be honest with you but alot of farmers are going broke trying to keep up with the Jones.

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the hired men had a little mishap today. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338352910.804303.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338352927.114956.jpg
We took all but two packers off and with a pull from another tractor it was on its wheels again.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

crp

Reaction score
Anybody else in Alberta done there seeded land report for AFSC crop insurance yet? Why after how many years do they have to change the format of the forms? Its no wonder people are frustrated with farming more and more every year and all the convaluted paperwork that goes with it. Sheeeesh...

Amen!!!!!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Demoed, the 3320, JD conserva PAC and a seed hawk Sct drill. I wasn't honestly thrilled with any of them,
Give me a shout someday bounce and we"'ll compare thoughts. A lot of the new technology's such as sectional control just arnt quite there yet.

crosroads

Reaction score
Great subject Snopro. I have been on this for a while now. I currently run a 5710 with a 4350 cart plus a 16 tonne liquid cart. The liquid cart makes the drill.

I want to move to variable rate and sectional control. In my research and customer feedback the best bang for the buck is the JD conservapak. The benefits are price and the ease of initial start-up. The biggest con is the size; currently 56 feet. I spoke with deere and they have a 62 and 68 drill in the works.

I like the seedmaster but I am unclear of the support in my area.

If anyone is demoing right now lets hear comments; good bad or ugly.

We have a 3010 seed master. Great drill for canola. We have trouble with the back shanks throwing dirt on the front rows. Tingley implements in veg are dealers for seed master now so support in this area should be good

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright, air compressor on a 4730 wont stop running (i think) its just constantly blowing air out of the air dryer. After it fills the air tank it starts. Any suggestions?

Sent while not working too hard

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a 3010 seed master. Great drill for canola. We have trouble with the back shanks throwing dirt on the front rows. Tingley implements in veg are dealers for seed master now so support in this area should be good

Thanks, I was speaking with them and I was going to demo a unit to seed my hay stubble but could not get it arranged.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright, air compressor on a 4730 wont stop running (i think) its just constantly blowing air out of the air dryer. After it fills the air tank it starts. Any suggestions?

Hey zeebs, don't want to sound stupid but have you checked for any air leaks. Also, and this is common on hiway tractors, check your leveling value. Could have dirt or just wore out.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey zeebs, don't want to sound stupid but have you checked for any air leaks. Also, and this is common on hiway tractors, check your leveling value. Could have dirt or just wore out.

I checked for leaks and everything is good. Im starting to wonder if it is suppose to run so the suspension works. Although i wouldnt expect it to run constantly since it would be hard on the compressor. Where do i check my leveling value? This is our first self propelled sprayer so im lost. I hate to be such a pest but i dont want to ruin anything.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also i know there isnt any leaks since it sat in the shed for 3 months and the suspension is still pumped up and everything. (Its a one year old machine that came from a local coop.)

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it have air tanks, and a governor, similar to a semi? I would check the governor if it does.

Top Bottom