Farmer talk

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna have a side by side comparision of two big combines tomorrow. JD brought out the 9870, and CIH brought out the 9120. We will be finishing off 150 acres of wheat, and then moving on to barley where these machines should really shine. Both will have 36' headers on. Stay tuned for results/thoughts.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna have a side by side comparision of two big combines tomorrow. JD brought out the 9870, and CIH brought out the 9120. We will be finishing off 150 acres of wheat, and then moving on to barley where these machines should really shine. Both will have 36' headers on. Stay tuned for results/thoughts.

Have you asked JD to demo their S series machine. Have a friend demoing one now.

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com

perfect. looking forward to the results! will be interesting to see what is putting the most in the tank, quality of sample etc..

have a great day in the fields boys the weather in MB is freaking awesome for harvest

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Case no questions asked. Being able to unplug from the comfort of your seat is beautiful.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Case no questions asked. Being able to unplug from the comfort of your seat is beautiful.

I have questions.... Why is our 9760 out performing the 9120? And yes, the auto unplug is nice, but its still a case. And highway service sucks ass for parts and service. We ordered a filter for our lawn mower one time. Two months later it finally arrived. That's bs. For me, its a no brainer. Deere is still king.

Sent from my Desire HD

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have questions.... Why is our 9760 out performing the 9120? And yes, the auto unplug is nice, but its still a case. And highway service sucks ass for parts and service. We ordered a filter for our lawn mower one time. Two months later it finally arrived. That's bs. For me, its a no brainer. Deere is still king.

Sent from my Desire HD

The 9760 is laying a smackdown? Where are you seeing the difference? Speed, product throwing over?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The case has reversible rotor.
It had a plugged fuel filter and the fan belts were loose so its running good now.

Sent from my Desire HD

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like if it is struggling to keep up to the 9760 it might be a handy option to have. Lol. The filters and belts probably would affect it quite abit though. The dealer should be proud of his demo though. I don't know what it is with some businesses. When ever we had any kind of demo ride with the old store we MADE SURE the demo was the best running sled on the hill. You can't sell something that is inferior to the rest of the competetive machines there. JMHO.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
enough of the combine chat check this out DVC00815.JPG

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree fully. The deere they brought out is the same way. The header is junk.
Speaking of good running sleds.... Think I can take that 2010 demo for a trip to the hills?

Sent from my Desire HD

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree fully. The deere they brought out is the same way. The header is junk.
Speaking of good running sleds.... Think I can take that 2010 demo for a trip to the hills?

Sent from my Desire HD

Ha Ha! Are you talking about the turbo sled?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think it would be a problem. I'll be seeing Ryan next week I'll tell him you wanna take her for a spin. A track spin that is. HaHa.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think it would be a problem. I'll be seeing Ryan next week I'll tell him you wanna take her for a spin. A track spin that is. HaHa.

That would be awesome. I promise I won't wreck it.

Sent from my Desire HD

Top Bottom