Farmer talk

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would.... But you see.. Cat has to many moving parts, if you go case it's all hydraulic and waaaaaay less moving parts.... But I godda admit the Lexion are good combines

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neighbors Case had just over 20 hours when the rotor shaft took out the right side of the combine; complete right-off!

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neighbors brand bew JD combine had the crank go on his engine with even less hours then that

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got 280 acres of beans harvested since friday bout 5:30 or 6:00. Both fields were 1.6 maturity asgrow Roundup Ready2 beans. first field 200 acres made 53 bu/ac. the other was an 80 that made 51 bu/ac. We might have had 60+ bu/ac beans if we could have caught a rain in august. We moved to some 1.6 maturity Stine beans about noon today and the moisture was 17% so we quit. oh well we had to work on the grain cart scale today anyways. Tomorrow I think we will try some 1.7 maturity I believe they are channel beans. Hopefully the yields stay up!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neighbors Case had just over 20 hours when the rotor shaft took out the right side of the combine; complete right-off!

My neighbors brand bew JD combine had the crank go on his engine with even less hours then that

They're all junk now a day's, but they are all awesome machines. JD, nasty massey, case, NH..... Doesnt matter what you run. Will still be running for parts. Or in those cases, a new combine.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow geese moved in overnight here,, walked to my truck across the field lastnight at about 2:am and could Hear flocks traveling high... Think the crows moved south with the same air flow... Betcha our Indian summer is almost over..

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow geese moved in overnight here,, walked to my truck across the field lastnight at about 2:am and could Hear flocks traveling high... Think the crows moved south with the same air flow... Betcha our Indian summer is almost over..

I've got a feeling we are gonna pay for all this good weather we've had the past few weeks.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a feeling we are gonna pay for all this good weather we've had the past few weeks.

been watching the long term weather forecaster for N.America and they "predict" we will have the same weather mirrored for 2011/2012 as we had for 2010/2011.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been watching the long term weather forecaster for N.America and they "predict" we will have the same weather mirrored for 2011/2012 as we had for 2010/2011.
Most of the winter weather was OK except for the rain in February, could do without that.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just finished the high quality, high quantity, highly profitable, hybrid canola and started on corn silage.

Still hauling manure with the "new" hoe. Dad is like a 5 year old with his first bike. Running 3 tri-axle end dumps and our year old tri-drive Kenworth with a dump box. Hoping to have the tandem ford with the spreader back from getting a new tranny next week for stockpiles, and the pull type spreaders back get the chit done with.

Yeah we are a little busy.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah we just fired one of our Hutterite health crew guys with a mad uni-brow. He told my sister to F-off after she told him to stop beating the f#ck out of the cattle then called my dad(a former judo student) an a$$ hole pr!ck. You can imagine how that went.

On another note anyone want a job?

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Just finished the high quality, high quantity, highly profitable, hybrid canola and started on corn silage.

Still hauling manure with the "new" hoe. Dad is like a 5 year old with his first bike. Running 3 tri-axle end dumps and our year old tri-drive Kenworth with a dump box. Hoping to have the tandem ford with the spreader back from getting a new tranny next week for stockpiles, and the pull type spreaders back get the chit done with.

Yeah we are a little busy.

Nice on the canola yield. Who do you grow for? who did the pollination? have you grown Hybrid seed before? I know of a few producers who's fields failed to pass the grade earlier on this season

Good luck with the employee hunt!

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice on the canola yield. Who do you grow for? who did the pollination? have you grown Hybrid seed before? I know of a few producers who's fields failed to pass the grade earlier on this season

Good luck with the employee hunt!

We are just growing for Bayer this year. Usually grow for Bayer and Pioneer. We have been growing hybrid for 8 years now. Right now we have two different companies doing our pollination can't recall the names though.

Next year we may be switching who we grow for so we can supply to so we can use our own bees. last year we bought our own bees and have started using them for our one quarter of seed alfalfa. Hoping to do all our own bees in the next couple years.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are just growing for Bayer this year. Usually grow for Bayer and Pioneer. We have been growing hybrid for 8 years now. Right now we have two different companies doing our pollination can't recall the names though.

Next year we may be switching who we grow for so we can supply to so we can use our own bees. last year we bought our own bees and have started using them for our one quarter of seed alfalfa. Hoping to do all our own bees in the next couple years.
Is a woman named Courtney the Bayer rep there?

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com

Good stuff, always better to be your own pollinator. More cash in your pocket. How was your alfalfa seed yield? a few of our fields are done in your area with yields all over the place. Do you contract your alfalfa seed?

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good stuff, always better to be your own pollinator. More cash in your pocket. How was your alfalfa seed yield? a few of our fields are done in your area with yields all over the place. Do you contract your alfalfa seed?

Our alfalfa hasn't even come off yet. Don't believe it's contracted but could be wrong.

All our yields have been down this year for some reason. Strangest thing though my dads 2 quarters of unirrigated land has been some of the best wheat this year. Averaging just under 55 an acre

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would.... But you see.. Cat has to many moving parts, if you go case it's all hydraulic and waaaaaay less moving parts.... But I godda admit the Lexion are good combines

i'll agree to moving parts. and hillside kits for the lexion are kinda sparse.

Top Bottom