Eye Laser Surgery questions

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who has had it done? Where did you get it done at? Are you happy you had it done? What was the cost? Any hidden fees that came up after the fact?
I have looked into it here in GP as I have heard nothing but great things about the surgeon here in town. The price I was quoted was $3,500.00 for everything, all in, for one year. That included $300.00 for the initial two hour consultation. If there was any corrections that needed to be made, that was included. All of the post consultations are included as well. I guess I would like to know what people have experienced in Edmonton. If for example it was say, $2000.00 in Edmonton for everything all included. That leaves me a difference of $1,500.00. But I am sure I could burn through that in follow up trips with fuel, hotel, SHOPPING, and the price of my time.
I am going to call a couple of the places in Edmonton, but being told one thing and what actually happens can be two totally different things.
Any help would be appreciated.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Who has had it done? Where did you get it done at? Are you happy you had it done? What was the cost? Any hidden fees that came up after the fact?
I have looked into it here in GP as I have heard nothing but great things about the surgeon here in town. The price I was quoted was $3,500.00 for everything, all in, for one year. That included $300.00 for the initial two hour consultation. If there was any corrections that needed to be made, that was included. All of the post consultations are included as well. I guess I would like to know what people have experienced in Edmonton. If for example it was say, $2000.00 in Edmonton for everything all included. That leaves me a difference of $1,500.00. But I am sure I could burn through that in follow up trips with fuel, hotel, SHOPPING, and the price of my time.
I am going to call a couple of the places in Edmonton, but being told one thing and what actually happens can be two totally different things.
Any help would be appreciated.

Way over priced!!! I got mine done several years ago for 1400 all in (PRK) Lasik is advertising around 400 an eye now. Best thing I ever did btw!! Got mine done by Dr. Climenhaga

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
way over priced!!! I got mine done several years ago for 1400 all in (prk) lasik is advertising around 400 an eye now. Best thing i ever did btw!! Got mine done by dr. Climenhaga

dr. Climenhaga did my wifes and mine too....... I think ours was $1600 both eyes about 10 years ago?

mtnluvr

Reaction score
3500.00 in Edmonton had my wifes eyes done with the intralase I think it was called, it was the bladeless one anyway. No complications, best money I ever spent.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm heading into Gimbel tomorrow to get my eyes done. I nervous about it, but I know it will be great once it's done. I don't know if it was my astigmatism but I just couldn't get contacts to work for me. Too many times I've been on the top of a socked in mountain, with my goggles off to keep my glasses clear as possible, and golf ball sized snow flakes hitting me in the face while I ride. No more! This time tomorrow I'll be smelling my burnt corneas. :)

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had it done here in GP two weeks ago. So far everything seems to be going good. :d

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having poor eye sight your entire life than getting laser surgery and being able to see perfect. Crazy how that works, bring back your hair, fix yours eyes, lipo the fat and your young again!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do it for years. Just haven't been able to round up the courage.

scrapmaster

Reaction score
been thinking about this as well... was told by some ppl you lose some nightvision, any of you notice that?

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No loss of night vision here.... but I had PRK and not lasik. When they did my eyes they made one slightly near sighted and one slightly far sighted... and put plugs in the drains so no more dry eyes.... was a great investment!!

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got mine done in Calgary 5 yrs ago at Lasik MD. Cost 360.00 an eye with a year of complete follow up and any "touch-ups" if needed (they weren't).
Best money I have ever spent, it took about 45 seconds an eye, after the freezing drops wore off, It was a little uncomfortable for an hour or so. But by 5:00pm that afternoon, I was tearing down a Harley, and not even thinking about my eyes.
I have sent many friends there with the same results. I would and have recommended it to anybody interested. If I remember right, I beleive they even have some kind of credit available if needed, but I'm not sure how that all works.

Don't be nervous, you will never regret having it done

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My procedure went well. The part where they make the flap is uncomfortable but not painful. When they reshape the cornea I didn't feel anything at all. The post-opp went well. Lots of eye drips to take but no real discomfort.

I just got back from my day after checkup and it was a mix. My left eye is better than 20-15!. I am having issues with my right eye. Unfortunately I managed to get a wrinkle in the flap. I'm going to go in on Monday morning to get that corrected. After that's fixed my vision should be great.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so can they do that is you have astigmatism? My left eye is real bad...also wearing progressive bi-focals....kinda chicken sheet when it comes to this but it sounds like no one has had any issues at least on here...

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so can they do that is you have astigmatism? My left eye is real bad...also wearing progressive bi-focals....kinda chicken sheet when it comes to this but it sounds like no one has had any issues at least on here...

I had astigmatisms in both eyes... particularly bad in my right eye. The astigmatism did grow back on that eye so i had to have it touched up a year later, but no big deal. He used a brush on it and "ground" it off.... VERY WEIRD!!! ... but it did work well....

Have you had a consultation yet? They will tell you if you make a good candidate, and tell you which surgery works best for you.... it is an individual thing. Good luck!!

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They can correct astigmatisms. They have different procedures depending on the severity. Best way to find out is to go for a consultation. It won't cost you anything.

I'm going in now to get my flap issue corrected. It's been a frustrating couple of days being able to see so well out of one eye and so $%#@y out of the other. They told me it isn't a big deal and it's easily corrected, but I have to wonder how they'll do it.

Top Bottom