Eye Laser Surgery questions

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can correct astigmatisms. They have different procedures depending on the severity. Best way to find out is to go for a consultation. It won't cost you anything.

I'm going in now to get my flap issue corrected. It's been a frustrating couple of days being able to see so well out of one eye and so $%#@y out of the other. They told me it isn't a big deal and it's easily corrected, but I have to wonder how they'll do it.

Keep us posted brother...I am seriously considering this....tired of almost hitting tree's cause I can't see where I'm goin! LOL..

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the flap adjusted yesterday and I went in this morning to have the protective contact lens removed. Everything looks good but it will take a week or two for the eye to heal and the vision to improve. Still a bit of swelling too. My other eye is still doing great. Just wish the other one did as well. Still don't know what caused the flap to wrinkle in the first place. I had the protective covers on the entire time and was sleeping. Must have squinted too hard or something.:confused:

Anyway, it should turn out OK. Just need to give it some time.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to give an update both my eyes are doing great. 20/20 plus in both eyes. It was a bit of a rough ride but my eyes are improving every day. I really looking forward to a sledding season without glasses!
:beer:

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do it for years. Just haven't been able to round up the courage.

me too goodngrubby! I cant seem to find the courage for someone to laser my eyeballs. Also heard that eyes are horribly light sensitive immediately after. I cant imagine that since I already have very light sensitive eyes.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had mine done in 99. $798 both eyes had better than 20/20. Im thinkin ill need glasses or another surgery within the year.

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
Had mine done in 99. $798 both eyes had better than 20/20. Im thinkin ill need glasses or another surgery within the year.

I think that is quite common?? I know many people that have needed glasses about 10 years later.
Still worth the money considering how much glasses and contacts cost..... however I still dont have the courage.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that is quite common?? I know many people that have needed glasses about 10 years later.
Still worth the money considering how much glasses and contacts cost..... however I still dont have the courage.

The reason your eyes lose vision is because over time their shape changes. Laser surgery corrects their shape. As you age their shape changes so its inevitable that you will need another correction.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me too goodngrubby! I cant seem to find the courage for someone to laser my eyeballs. Also heard that eyes are horribly light sensitive immediately after. I cant imagine that since I already have very light sensitive eyes.

Mine did become more light sensitive after the surgery, but was also told that if you have lighter colored eyes that that will also make it worse. I don't know how much truth there is to that, mine are a light blue....:confused:

Come on.... put on your big boy pants and get er done... you won't regret it!:d:d

Top Bottom