Extra fuel

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could've been low on fuel or even bouncing the rev limiter if you were running low enough elevation and not deep snow.

Jasonc

Reaction score
this is my first Ski-doo, how does the engine react to the rev limiter? does it die and pick back up again? or just limit rpm?

cbsharp

Reaction score
I ran 110 km today on the first ride on my new freeride, low fuel light on, running a couple of kms back to the truck on a FSR and when I would pin it it would go to 8000 rpm then cough and spit down to around 6000 and pick back up again. I am thinking that I was totally on fumes. opinions?

I am guessing you were on fumes. Mine was doing the same thing yesterday. I dumped my jerry can in it, no sputtering after that. I got 140km to a tank. Not sure if its broke in yet or not. 500km on it so far

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is my first Ski-doo, how does the engine react to the rev limiter? does it die and pick back up again? or just limit rpm?

You'll definitely feel it. The engine will dump a few thousand rpms, then pick up again. It will read "rev limit" on the dash when it happens. It sometimes happens when I'm coming down in elevation off the hill and I'm getting on her on hard pack.

But yeah, could've definitely just been low on fuel too.

Top Bottom