exhaust issues

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
1st...I have a crack in the manifold of my MM700 triple. It's not a huge crack, but it will definitely get bigger. Is it okay to use something like JB weld on it, or should I try and get it welded up?

2nd...I was reading somewhere on here that it's okay to use Permatex Gasket goop when re-installing my manifold. Is it okay and if it is which colour of permatex do I use?

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1st...I have a crack in the manifold of my MM700 triple. It's not a huge crack, but it will definitely get bigger. Is it okay to use something like JB weld on it, or should I try and get it welded up?

2nd...I was reading somewhere on here that it's okay to use Permatex Gasket goop when re-installing my manifold. Is it okay and if it is which colour of permatex do I use?

i would weld it up, also put on new exhaust gaskets, with a healthy amount of gasket sealer... it helps make the gasket thicker and prevents the manifold from cracking. we didnt have too many issue with this.

fyi the gaskets i mean are cylinder to manifold....should be a one piece.

Terry

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would only use JB weld in an emergency. Get that bad boy welded up. How are you going to feel about that $10 JB job breaking off when you are 45 miles from no where. I am sure you can find someone who has a welder otherwise a shop wouldn't charge more than an hours labor.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

1) get it welded for sure. JB weld is not a proper solution for the exhaust manifold.

2) yes, get the red permatex high temp gasket stuff and it will work, that's what most people use.

Top Bottom