Estimate the damage...

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
priceless, CANT FIX STUPID

Stupid ? were you there lol ?

im sure he didn't just hey guys watch me F*** this culvert up with my sled ..well... at least i hope thats not how it went down.

We all make mistakes.. kinda like a guy we were riding with decided it was a great idea to wheelie/jump an approach not noticing that two guys were stopped at the other side.. he ended up landing right on the tunnel of a brand new Xp... kinda looked like two xp's mating, well ok that one was kinda stupid..

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crappy deal. But i've got a 08 XP for sale in the classifieds i'd make you a good deal on :d

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is what happens when you hit a culvert in the ditch going 90...

any ideas... sled was bought for $6500 in october.

too me it looks like all the basic parts are still intact and good. I would just call C3 and get a new CF chassis. They list them at 25-2800 without the integrated fuel cell. Take all your old parts and put em on the CF chassis, that is if you are mechaniclly inclined and can do it yourself.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
too me it looks like all the basic parts are still intact and good. I would just call C3 and get a new CF chassis. They list them at 25-2800 without the integrated fuel cell. Take all your old parts and put em on the CF chassis, that is if you are mechaniclly inclined and can do it yourself.

If a frenchman built it I'm sure a redneck can fix it........

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What he said^^ front end doesn't look that bad from the pics, shocks and arms still look straight, buy a new tunnel or find a parted out machine and swap everything over. I wouldn't advise on what some others have said, if you think this is expensive - $6500 is a drop in the bucket for what you will pay a lawyer to defend you in an insurance fraud case........Get insurance for next time and chalk it up to lesson learned.

I've never ridden ditches and because we see about 10 of these threads every year, I likely never will. There's too much junk in the ditches IMO, if you gotta ride there, maybe make a moderated (i.e. slower) speed pass first, then hit it at 90 on the way back home, once you've confirmed there is nothing in the way.

Glad you are OK.
me too glad your ok but like mod man says too much chit in ditches covered only by inches of snow rode my bike thru one this summer covered by flowers not too happy w/ the results

lovinmclovin

Reaction score
Website
www.mclevinindustries.ca
ya... front end steering all looks decent. however, one ski is sitting cockeyed off level a bit. may just bang out the tunnel, put new headlights and cluster on, ride it for the summer then sell it for a gir.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya... front end steering all looks decent. however, one ski is sitting cockeyed off level a bit. may just bang out the tunnel, put new headlights and cluster on, ride it for the summer then sell it for a gir.

ride it for the winter.. they tend to work better in the snow lol jk

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditch bangin can be a real blast......risky at times as you found out. It could have been worse. Good thing no one was hurt.

Top Bottom