Engine light on etec

cbsharp

Reaction score
I rode all day yesterday and kept having problems with the engine light coming on whenever it sat at an idle. I would just shut the sled off and fire it up again and if i increased the throttle soon enough, it would run with no problems. Any ideas?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Likely not through break in yet? During breakin the sleds loads up a little more and tends to throw a light quick.

Mine did it about half a dozen times through break in. First few time I shut it off like you, but then I just started running the sled to see if it was infact protecting itself, nope ran fine and light went out.

nothing to be worried about unless the sled starts protecting itself. Also if the handwarmer switch gets moved slightly out of position or the headlight hi/low switch sits half way it throws a light.

cbsharp

Reaction score
Thanks bounce, I got 520km on it now so I would think it's close to being through breakin period (maybe not). It's the first time its done that to me. It's not protecting itself and runs normal so I am not too worried, just a little annoying.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks bounce, I got 520km on it now so I would think it's close to being through breakin period (maybe not). It's the first time its done that to me. It's not protecting itself and runs normal so I am not too worried, just a little annoying.

There is a flash available at your dealer that will help alleviate that problem. Its been posted for quite a while now as BRP is fully aware of it.

Top Bottom