Elkford??

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Anyone ride Elkford? I cant seem to find a ton of info about it. What I can find appears that you have to have a trail pass, but what about play areas, and snow conditions?

Thanks

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
So go buy a trail pass and get on it!

FYI...there's a search button on the top right. It will find all the answers you needs...like these links using the word Elkford in the search box.

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f186/deep-snow-elkford-23600.html

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f186/elkford-riding-23851.html

Even tells you exactly how to get their, guide names, and how many areas to explore.

Uhmm, thanks for pointing out the obvious...been of forums for years and usually 'I' get to point out the search feature LOL

For whatever reason, didnt even think to search, thanks for the tip that I should have already known...

Anyhow, thanks for searching for me and providing the links that I should have been able to find all on my own...Yep, I feel like a dork, but thanks anyways...:beer:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Uhmm, thanks for pointing out the obvious...been of forums for years and usually 'I' get to point out the search feature LOL

For whatever reason, didnt even think to search, thanks for the tip that I should have already known...

Anyhow, thanks for searching for me and providing the links that I should have been able to find all on my own...Yep, I feel like a dork, but thanks anyways...:beer:

If all else fails,pm Mattmedic or Jeepchic,,,,,they are from there and ride there and are Kool Peeps!Im sure they could answer your questions!
catmando!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
If all else fails,pm Mattmedic or Jeepchic,,,,,they are from there and ride there and are Kool Peeps!Im sure they could answer your questions!
catmando!

Thanks!! My riding partners are all bailing on me, so I am down to my oldest daughter who is not sure she is ready to hit the mountains yet...

If we decide tomorrow to go, I will try contact them.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Hi Longhorn

Koko claims can be a bit tricky to get across for beginner's, not saying that you are. Please be aware of the avy chutes you will cross quite a few. Stop check them and then let one rider across at a time and do not stop until you are clear. We had an incident last year with a chute sliding and as we were sending our riders across 2 groups passed us sending all their riders across at the same time and then stopping at the bottom of the slide to take pictures!!

Have fun!

Jan

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We groomed on Monday, the 22nd. The main slides are pretty safe (mostly all down in various states). There are some sneaky ones but with the low snow levels this year, they shouldn't be a concern. Still practise due diligence!

Groomed to the Bull River. I don't think there should be a problem for novices, particularily on the groomed trail. Some of the trails to the left and right are for advanced riders and you can get into trouble real fast. Enjoy.....

Top Bottom