Elkford Conditions

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NICE VID GREAT SNOW!!!

I would assume fernie has similar snow pipeline and half way up?? how far is the rain going up? we are undecided tomorrow castle,, pipeline or quartz stay n in the trees for sure!!! ????

thx

jasoncaville

Reaction score
It's snow/raining in Elkford right now. It didn't appear to rain at all up the claims. In town the snow was unbelievably heavy/wet. Up the claims it was light/fluffy and DEEP. I couldn't tell you how Fernie made out, sorry. I would highly recommend finding some meadow/tree riding and avoiding the slopes where at all possible. We had a blast yesterday.

NICE VID GREAT SNOW!!!

I would assume fernie has similar snow pipeline and half way up?? how far is the rain going up? we are undecided tomorrow castle,, pipeline or quartz stay n in the trees for sure!!! ????

thx

jdaniel

Reaction score
just got down from koko claims. all the slides going up the trail have come down big again. crazy year!

jdaniel

Reaction score
That Elkford area gives me the heebee jeebee's Dan. Be careful over there.

been riding this area for 27 years, this year is the worst we have ever seen it. Gives us the heebee jeebee's too!

Chris (Dan and I both use this post)

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post! Going out to Fernie this weekend for a ride. With the rain there should be some fresh up top!

jdaniel

Reaction score
well it's early friday morning in elkford! plus 3 and snowing, it's not sticking down town yet , but it should be up top.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Is there any worth while snow in Elkford anymore? I would like to make a trip this weekend (Leave April 26, Snowmobile on 27,28, And come home on the 29).

Top Bottom