elkford avy - One Death in Avy

ssr78

Reaction score
here reports on 1 death of snowmobiler Not good Boys BE XXtra carfull out there please. Crossing creek area a 23 year old sounds like he brought the snow down on himself riding with 9 other riders who dug him out. The 23 year old was sent medical centre bud didn't make it.

Last edited:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: elkford avy

This is not good. Where did the report come from as I can't find it anywhere??

ssr78

Reaction score

IT was on the news and on Other sites.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I only checked the av. site. Will turn the news on.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

here reports on 1 death of snowmobiler Not good Boys BE XXtra carfull out there please. Crossing creek area a 23 year old sounds like he brought the snow down on himself riding with 9 other riders who dug him out. The 23 year old was sent medical centre bud didn't make it.
where is this riding area,and sorry to hear about this tragic event.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Elkford is by Sparwood....Crowsnest Pass.Condolences to the family!
catmando!

ssr78

Reaction score

It happened friday ......... BE EXTRA CAREFULL out there as avy condition are Xtreme PUT your brain in gear before your throttle! First make sure you are not putting yourself or your buddies in any DANGER. Remember we all have a mom dad wife daughter son girlfriend etc. waiting for you to come home safely be carefull out there. That way you can come home and... SHARE THE RIDE.... on Snow and Mud and instead of your friends reading about your ride. Avalanche .ca gives us a report on the conditions but as you know they change fast so it may of looked safe when you left home it was Moderate it could be XTREME when you get there. . . . Remember SHARE THE RIDE

Last edited by a moderator:

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My condolences to the family also. Yet another reminder how careful we have to be in the back country. I love my mountain time but its always nice to arrive home safe and sound.

Top Bottom