Electrical issue

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Voltage on the battery sitting in the cradle is 13.05 after taking the charger off and sitting for a couple hours.

Voltage at the battery at 1/4 - 3/8 idle was 18.98

Seems like the voltage regulator is whooped.

Now another question, on the Polaris micro fiche for a 2005 Sportsman 500HO, there is part number 2203348 called a new Kit-SurePower ECM. Is that the same as the voltage regulator (old part number 4011110)?

ecm in the automotive side usually stood for electronic control module

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
Voltage on the battery sitting in the cradle is 13.05 after taking the charger off and sitting for a couple hours.

Now another question, on the Polaris micro fiche for a 2005 Sportsman 500HO, there is part number 2203348 called a new Kit-SurePower ECM. Is that the same as the voltage regulator (old part number 4011110)?

No two different units. Polaris ordered me the ecm when I asked for the voltage regulator.
Like I said earlier I had the same problem fernie the ecm was shot. There is a factory recall for the 05 sportsman 500 ho. Google it.
The dealer will replace it for free if it has not been done on your machine yet. Just give them the vin number

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yep 18.98 is cooking your battery.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
No two different units. Polaris ordered me the ecm when I asked for the voltage regulator.
Like I said earlier I had the same problem fernie the ecm was shot. There is a factory recall for the 05 sportsman 500 ho. Google it.
The dealer will replace it for free if it has not been done on your machine yet. Just give them the vin number

Thanks man. I will take the VIN with me on Monday.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But his has had the recall done, the 411110 or what ever number is the old black box

And yes somethings call them the ECM but thats on the efi engine

The carb it's a sure power ECM, or voltage regulator and fan control

I'll send ya the wiring diagram if u want, it says what's it called ect

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
But his has had the recall done, the 411110 or what ever number is the old black box

And yes somethings call them the ECM but thats on the efi engine

The carb it's a sure power ECM, or voltage regulator and fan control

I'll send ya the wiring diagram if u want, it says what's it called ect

Ahh ok so the recall was done then

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ahh ok so the recall was done then

I didn't have a recall so maybe it was done before I bought it. The picture below shows the voltage regulator (silver one and that is the new one according to Tex) and a buzz box. Like I said above, I will take the VIN and some pictures with me and talk to the technician before I purchase.

IMG_3836.jpg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The buss Box, is a way to join bunch of wires to one feed without a splice

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this is cool get to find out the problem without getting your hands dirty and some interesting reading to boot. Here is a tool for finding shorts...not that it has anything to do with your issue though.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this is cool get to find out the problem without getting your hands dirty and some interesting reading to boot. Here is a tool for finding shorts...not that it has anything to do with your issue though.

fernie lose his shorts ? lol.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have a different version and it works. Actually replaces a fuse to find it.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He bought a lithium ion battery with a solar panel charger .. and went green.

Top Bottom