EGR delete 6.0 Ford

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many of you guys have done the EGR delete on the Ford 6.0L.I,m thinking about getting it done.I already have ARP studs.They want 2000 grand here in Hinton to do it.Does anyone think it is worth it.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
how many of you guys have done the egr delete on the ford 6.0l.i,m thinking about getting it done.i already have arp studs.they want 2000 grand here in hinton to do it.does anyone think it is worth it.

didn't you already just unplug the egr valve, like everyone else??

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No i,ve only had the truck for a couple on months.But the egr valve can still open under heavy excelleration.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
no i,ve only had the truck for a couple on months.but the egr valve can still open under heavy excelleration.

try and unplug the electrical connector for the egr and then drive it and see if it feels any different...... Sometimes the cel will come on, other trucks not........

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many of you guys have done the EGR delete on the Ford 6.0L.I,m thinking about getting it done.I already have ARP studs.They want 2000 grand here in Hinton to do it.Does anyone think it is worth it.

pm me for my contact info i do them in gp for less i could sell you the kit if you are mechanically inclined not too bad to do takes about 6.5 hrs to put in have installed LOTS OF them at my shop

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try and unplug the electrical connector for the egr and then drive it and see if it feels any different...... Sometimes the cel will come on, other trucks not........

works to a point but does not lower egt up to 300 deg or stop cooler from leaking either these are the biggest reasons people do them just so you know run a diesel shop in gp called nrthern performance & auto repair ltd ex ford tech is where i am from for those interested :beer:

smokindiesel

Reaction score
Don't forget about the possibitle that your CEL light may come on with a delete kit and you'll have to buy an SCT With a custom tune to get rid of it.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drford you say 6.5 hrs to install aftermarket head studs and put new head gasket. Where are you located. Do you do a cab off or not. Thanks

dmkhnr

Reaction score
What does unplugging the egr valve do? What do you unplug?? I have an 06 is there a certain year that the egr is of less concern?

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own an 04 6.0L. I have had one EGR valve go and I have never heard of guys unplugging it. I have had the truck for a year and a half. The truck is stock as they come. I want some more insite.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mach123 that is to do a egr cooler delete.It takes about 16 hours or more to do studs and gaskets

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
drford you say 6.5 hrs to install aftermarket head studs and put new head gasket. Where are you located. Do you do a cab off or not. Thanks

no, that would be more like 20 to 24 hours to replace the head bolts with studs.......

what does unplugging the egr valve do? What do you unplug?? I have an 06 is there a certain year that the egr is of less concern?

try it, you'll like it...... Egr concerns all 6.0l engines.....ford diesel website has many threads on this..... Usually if your egr starts leaking, it could be a result of cylinder head gaskets leaking engine combustion gases and "superheated" coolant into the system and the solder on the egr cooler disintigrates and starts leaking too....

i own an 04 6.0l. I have had one egr valve go and i have never heard of guys unplugging it. I have had the truck for a year and a half. The truck is stock as they come. I want some more insite.

unplugging the egr prevents exhaust from actually going through the egr, and as a result will help prevent the egr cooler from deteriorating...... Can result in more power/gas mileage as a result
......may cause the cel to come on, in a very few trucks

mach123 that is to do a egr cooler delete.it takes about 16 hours or more to do studs and gaskets

more like 20 to 24 hours to do head studs and gaskets.....

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there an easy way of telling you where it is leaking, if it is already leaking. No white smoke and looked at oil and looks good....Maybe just a line.....HMMMMMM

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
is there an easy way of telling you where it is leaking, if it is already leaking. No white smoke and looked at oil and looks good....maybe just a line.....hmmmmmm

okay.... Start from the beginning..... What is wrong with your truck? And be specific, not opinions at this point. Just the facts man, just the facts.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a 2006 f350 4 door diesel lariat 163,000 km
It runs great so far, but not enough ponies so.
1- bully dog computer
1-cold air intake
1-strait turbo back exhaust side exit
1-6 inch lift new leafs in back
1-nice michey thomson 34" tires

Holly shiiiittt in moves, and I started to see a constint drip under the front end feels like oilly substance or antifreeze it just makes the concrete dark so I know that my antifreeze bottle looses all the fliud out of the jug even when it is sitting in driveway, I triedto see if I can see where it is coming from but no luck. Looked at oil dip stick and looks black no whitish colour. The truck does not blow white smoke either. HMMMMMMMMMM

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
it is a 2006 f350 4 door diesel lariat 163,000 km
it runs great so far, but not enough ponies so.
1- bully dog computer
1-cold air intake
1-strait turbo back exhaust side exit
1-6 inch lift new leafs in back
1-nice michey thomson 34" tires

holly shiiiittt in moves, and i started to see a constint drip under the front end feels like oilly substance or antifreeze it just makes the concrete dark so i know that my antifreeze bottle looses all the fliud out of the jug even when it is sitting in driveway, i triedto see if i can see where it is coming from but no luck. Looked at oil dip stick and looks black no whitish colour. The truck does not blow white smoke either. Hmmmmmmmmmm

sounds like you have an oil leak...... Possibly p/s?

I wouldn't worry about the egr etc, but you might disconnect the egr valve connector and try running it like that..... You can always clear the codes with your programmer anyway, if you don't notice any difference in the way it runs and you decide to plug it back in.
Chipped modified 6.0l pstd wil have head gasket &/or egr cooler issues if boosted too much for too long!!! Thats just the blue oval way it is....... Friggin' international!!!!!

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of the egr connector, why would my antifreeze bottle be emty if it sits or running. I am hoping it is just a line...

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
does anyone have pics of the egr connector, why would my antifreeze bottle be emty if it sits or running. I am hoping it is just a line...

your coolant "degas" bottle needs to be filled to about 3/8" to 1/2" below the minimum coolant level indicated on the degas bottle when cold........ The level always rises due to expansion.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

Attachments

• 0000.jpg
    0000.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 84
Top Bottom