***Edmonton meat plant shut down after possible Listeria contamination***

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's all SOBEY'S meats being recalled and whom ever else this meat is supplied too! LISTERIA MONOCYTOGENES CAN KILL YOU!!!!

Do your research, check your meat, even the meat that's already in your freezer, if purchased from stores that Canada packers supplies!

READ NOW

What is Listeria monocytogenes

Last edited:

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it sure makes it look like alberta meat plants are on the ball, friggen brutal thanks for the heads up

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it sure makes it look like alberta meat plants are on the ball, friggen brutal thanks for the heads up

NO problem, I'm getting back into hunting ASAP! Fawk these meat suppliers, making us humans sick and causing death because of poor sanitary conditions, that are mostly caused by cheap foreign untrained staff!!! If you wipe your ass at a meat plant, please wash your hands!!!

Last edited:

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats exactly why i hunt i dont buy any meat in the stores, steaks, burger, roasts, tenderloin ribs all come from what i shoot and cut, i buy chicken from a local here in town and cook alot of grouse and the ocassional rabbit, i know what im getting and eating makes me fell way better :)

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before you two fear mongers get too carried away, have you ever stopped to think about how far food safety has come for these warnings to even come out? Not long ago, people got sick from food and no one would even be able to track the cause or even where it came from. With the technology now, inspectors are catching it at the source. So before everyone gets all freaked out and starts eating everything they can put at the end of their pipe, stop and think about this.

Who eats ham sausage anyway?

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very true but with all this new fangled technology you think they could make sauasage that wouldnt make someone sick just my two cents

Before you two fear mongers get too carried away, have you ever stopped to think about how far food safety has come for these warnings to even come out? Not long ago, people got sick from food and no one would even be able to track the cause or even where it came from. With the technology now, inspectors are catching it at the source. So before everyone gets all freaked out and starts eating everything they can put at the end of their pipe, stop and think about this.

Who eats ham sausage anyway?

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It just got caught, so depends on how many peeps ingested it! Time will tell, I'm hoping no one gets sick or dies!

Sent from my iPhone using My Finger ;/)

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the recall was for 400 cases of ham sausages but who really knows! The listeria was found on a workers coat sleeve! Ever heard if washing your clothes! It's uncertain how it ended up on the sleeve, but where did it come from hmmmmm! Dirty facilities, and poorly trained and monitored workers!!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got a smoin deal on some pork suasages at sobeys, ummm looks real good, almost firesale prices, i got a few extra packs there nutts u want one, we'll be having a few for the beacon testing, you still in. hehehe. got some burgers and steak (tube) also, man great prices at sobey's. :confused:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really think you should put emergency on this!!!

I like Listeria Free Meat! We also shop at Sobeys, just passing the word around! I hope you're not out of a Job because of this!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got a smoin deal on some pork suasages at sobeys, ummm looks real good, almost firesale prices, i got a few extra packs there nutts u want one, we'll be having a few for the beacon testing, you still in. hehehe. got some burgers and steak (tube) also, man great prices at sobey's. :confused:

Fawk I'm bringing a bucket for when the shooting Diarrhea arrives!!! What if us fellers can't make it to your bathroom!!! Now you're gonna say the party is in the barn aren't ya!!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to the news, there was a voluntary because a worker on the packing line had lysteria contaminated clothing. Actual risk of the sausage being contaminated was minimal because sausage was already in plastic when it came to the workers section of the line. but better safe than dead. According to the story on CBC, the plant was shut down because of poor record keeping, not because of the lysteria.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Atta boy Larry! Give it to him!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've known for years! I grew up with hunting, fishing, trapping etc... But now live in the big city!! One gets accustomed to the city life over time! The time has come to go back to my roots way of living!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't it about time we started questioning what the multiple CFIA inspectors are doing at these plants, around 50 worked at XL.??

Top Bottom