Earthquake in the Queen Charlottes

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I certainly did, was sitting in the living room watching the drapes move back and forth, wondered what the heck was going on. Lasted for a good 45 seconds or so.

Kind of interesting that the quake has been felt as far east as McBride, and seems to be tracking a fair amount of the route of the Enbridge proposal. More fire for the no campaign.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here in Houston layin on my friends couch everything was swayin back and forth about a foot about 20 seconds

beaker

Reaction score
felt it in Prince George.Was having dinner at Moxies felt building shake.all chandeliers were swaying for a couple minutes after.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Felt it south of PG. Lights were swinging, took a few seconds to figure out what the hell was going on.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I certainly did, was sitting in the living room watching the drapes move back and forth, wondered what the heck was going on. Lasted for a good 45 seconds or so.

Kind of interesting that the quake has been felt as far east as McBride, and seems to be tracking a fair amount of the route of the Enbridge proposal. More fire for the no campaign.

Maybe the coast is getting closer to Enbridge? Lol.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Felt it pretty good here. Phones went out for a bit but no damage. Kind of gentle though almost like sea legs. I was a kid in PG in 1986 and that one was a lot more aggressive. Although im sure over in Sandspit it felt a lot stronger. Hopefully no Tsunamis.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tsunami max recording was 69 cm's. Not a huge wave but what I found interesting is it was recorded over about 15 minutes at the tidal station in Langara Island. I guess its like a tide, it started to show a rise, peaked at 69 cm's then declined to normal over a 15 minute period. Thats allot of water moving towards you.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So earthquake in BC and now a massive hurricane headed to Ontario.. maybe the end of the world is coming after all? lol :confused:

Top Bottom