Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen them also - there still leaving the parking lot

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

rcardle20

Reaction score
How's the snow up too with the recent snow that has been forecasted??
Eagles/owls/blue/quest?? Any updates at all would be great!!! ����

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haven't been out for a few days but we got almost a foot in Armstrong and snowing again.

How's the snow up too with the recent snow that has been forecasted??
Eagles/owls/blue/quest?? Any updates at all would be great!!! ����

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went up to Blue today! Managed to be the first up with my new riding partner ! Trail was in great shape until the owls turn off ! Then as we headed farther toward Blue the trail kinda disappeared - sometimes I had no idea were the trail was in somewhat poor visibility conditions ! Trail at times was covered in headlight deep powder ! We got to cabin - shoveled our way in ! Couldnt really see top of hill -was really blowing and socked in ! Made some repairs to the stove and got fire going ! it kinda cleared up and made few pulls at hill ! snow was really fluffy and almost 2 ft deep but u were still riding on packed snow !By that time there was probably 40 sleds at cabin ! We then headed back down with the newbie and began our decent through the trees ! Played abit in the cutblocks and made our way to main trail playing along the way ! Trail got a littile rough but to be expected with the amount of sleds on the hill !

Attachments

• 2015-12-27_13.26.19.jpg
    2015-12-27_13.26.19.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 363
  • 2015-12-27_14.37.10.jpg
    2015-12-27_14.37.10.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 355

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome day up Blue today, albeit a little fogged in at times. I met up with James and his crew of 14, that's right, 14 of us, ranging from brand new You Tube trained rider Kyle to very experienced riders. A great bunch of folks, all from Calgary, and we all had a blast. I met James a few years back sledding and it was great to see you again buddy!

I scoped out the areas a bit before the crew showed up, it was deep everywhere but moreso in the windblown gulley's and slopes. The snow was nearly up to the headlight on the flat, over the windshield on the way down and there were even snow drifts that totally buried the sled, it was amazing! We only got to the first shelf below the cabin and I had to laugh at the carnage, everywhere, with sleds upside down or buried deep in the white stuff. I even beat my old record of 5 stucks at once and raised it to 6, cool! From below the cabin we headed to the meadows that run off the main trail, and that's where we had the most fun. Most of the "fingers" of open space were untouched and the snow was always at least 3' deep, and once again, lots of stucks!
Like revbyu mentioned, the trail was pretty good to the Owl's turnoff but after that it was brutal, and multiply that by 10 on the way down, ouch!! Everyone is launching from the bottom, even though the bottom 1km still needs another foot or two of snow, pretty icy in spots. I guess we have to remember this is still only December! All the best in the New Year, James, have fun tomorrow!

Attachments

• 151227a.jpg
    151227a.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 348
  • 151227b.jpg
    151227b.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 348
  • 151227c.jpg
    151227c.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 355

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a orange sled making laps not to long after we got to blue cabin but u didnt stop by ! It was deep below he cabin towards the lake ! Only made a quick sweep down there and back the cabin !

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran into the first orange look alike to our local heroes 163 on the trip to Mara heights. It was a 154

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres 3 of us looking to ride tomorrow. new to the area so if we could tag along with anyone that would be awesome. all experienced riders.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your riding Sicamous over the holidays keep your stuff secure. Lots of incidents the last few days with trucks being broken in to, sleds stolen and attempted sled thefts.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should doo a bait sled scenario and serve some western justice...? :nocops:
I thinks so. Few bats should do the job. They have been targeting residential and not the hotels it seems.

Very busy today and they are parked down the road to esso for owl. Assumebthe cops are not ticketing so may as well ride from house.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone here of something going on at owls / Blue - search and rescue parked in lot and set up with few trailer !

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone here of something going on at owls / Blue - search and rescue parked in lot and set up with few trailer !
Guy broke his back at blue lake. S&R had him evacuated by chopper while they were preparing to haul him out if weather didnt allow flight

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That must have happened early this morning - heard about someone breaking there back before i went up trail at 930 this morning

Top Bottom