Eagle Valley (Sicamous) Updates 2014/15

335i

Reaction score
Really. I thought it's been snowing up there. I was going to go tomorrow but I may wait till next week

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sherm - so no change from last weekend.

Well if your referring to our trail ride to Owl's last week when it was rock hard, it was 100% better this time out. But, with that said, it ain't no screaming hell for sure, but if your adventurous you can still find a few spots of untracked snow. I think the tell tale snow report will come after this upcoming weekend. With +9 temps in the forecast and rain, not only will the trail up from the bottom be the pits, that snow on top could also go for a crapper, unless it stays cold enough up there. Hey, sledding is allot like fishing, you don't know if its good or bad until the day your out there and it can change in a heartbeat! We'll see what Billdozer says after his trip up today..Sherm

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see they've changed the Sled Sicamous site rules for Queest area. Sledders are now NOT allowed to access the hill during the week, only on weekends. Methinks they've been having problems with the loggers again, unfortunate...Sherm

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lot's of fresh up top today, broke trail into Blue dropped into the meadows but had to climb out due to the vis. this picture is behind the cabin at Owlshead, snowing when we left. Sherm you in for tomorrow, guarantee it should be good. :cool:

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 249

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see they've changed the Sled Sicamous site rules for Queest area. Sledders are now NOT allowed to access the hill during the week, only on weekends. Methinks they've been having problems with the loggers again, unfortunate...Sherm
Unless u go up the back way from Malikwa

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lot's of fresh up top today, broke trail into Blue dropped into the meadows but had to climb out due to the vis. this picture is behind the cabin at Owlshead, snowing when we left. Sherm you in for tomorrow, guarantee it should be good. :cool:
Well sh!t bill, that looks pretty ok to this guy

Better than the last 3 weeks anyways

Won't be riding till Saturday, leave some for a guy eh

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Oh Bill your such a tease!! Looks like to much snow for my Doo, even though it's orange like your Poo??? Wait, that's a medical problem, see you Saturday bud, and make sure girly boy WK has practiced up! Sherm

Lawn Dart

Reaction score
Now Now SherriLynn……Billy's new girl name is Nancy FYI…..And i'll be practiced up don't you worry SherriLynn…..

Oh Bill your such a tease!! Looks like to much snow for my Doo, even though it's orange like your Poo??? Wait, that's a medical problem, see you Saturday bud, and make sure girly boy WK has practiced up! Sherm

motorhead212

Reaction score
Hey... I'm possibly looking for a some guys to ride with Sat, Sun and maybe Monday. The usual guys I go with can't ride this wknd and with the recent posts, the weekend weather forecast and the lack of riding lately due to the s****y snow we have had, I would like to make it out. Anyone mind if I tag along?

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode today with Lawn Dart and Right side up, not what we expected the 2 feet of snow had settled and was wet as ****, heavy sledding, poured rain on and off most of the day. Unless it cools down Mother Nature has sent us another F* U.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll see your crap and raise you another crap, crap! Back to ice fishing I guess....Sherm

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, dam work

Wished I was like u guys riding week days, this year good snow week days, crap weekends

Last year, good weekends and crap week days

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k - whts word on todays conditions ! on way out today from ctown it rained from banff to sicamous and sometimes had wipers on high speed to keep up with the rain ! Sure hope its not raining uptop !

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An update on todays ride on owls - trail up on first K is getting a little sketchy ! after that theres still decent snow ! At about km 12 could tell that it defiantly had rained at higher elevation ! At the "T" intersection to owls or blue trail was icy and hard packed this morning ! headed up owls trail over to forestry cabin and then through meadows - snow conditions reminded me of april snow pack - was very discouraging ! Headed up through meadows onto forestry road and up top to a cut block lockout ! the rain has settled the snow alot ! As we ventured over to blue down the trail it started to snow ! As we ventured farther north toward blue the snow wasnt as crisp and could tell that it hadn't rained as much ! At Blue cabin started the fire in cabin and after ventured down to blue lake - snowing pretty good and limited visiblity we played around abit but ventured back toward cabin ! still snowing very hard we ventured back down and ventured off trial to left of main trail ! Ended coming out at km 25 - had snowed about 3inches since we came up this morning ! while venturing off trail and getting in a few tight spots noticed that there is about a inch layer of ice from the recent rain fall - not good !Be careful out there ! Its a crazy year ! was still snowing until about km 12 on way down - then turned to slet and then rain ! Bottom km of trail STILL DRIVABLE FROM BOTTOM - BUT IF IT STAYS WARM -----????

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd update you out-of-towners, its been raining like a bastard all night and still is, +6 to boot, it just plain sucks! Sherm

Top Bottom