Dyed premium fuel

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread ,but i'm amazed at the zero bitching I have came across about the lack
of fuel(regular and premium) that is available to the general public for off-road use.
Kinda pizzes me off paying 18 ish cent's per litre road maint.tax for fuel for sled's and quad's. I was
actually going to say that in the trail pass thread but forgot.

AND GO.........................
:smiliestirthepot:
Mabe that's why everyone rides the ditches out west... Cause of road tax being paid for

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use seafoam , keeps gas good all summer... Borh sleds ran 100% with just a fill up tank and go

Tex was actually the guy who convinced me about the stabilizer and he is absolutely right by my experience. Hard to find seafoam around Edmonton area so I used brand X which seemed to do the trick.....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think seafoam is at any crappy tire, auto value parts places, even like Napa ect....

Glad to hear.... It is the best sh!t ever, I put it literally in everything....

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Tex was actually the guy who convinced me about the stabilizer and he is absolutely right by my experience. Hard to find seafoam around Edmonton area so I used brand X which seemed to do the trick.....

Hard to find?!?!?!? Where have you looked? You can buy that chit EVERYWHERE. NAPA sells it by the case if you want.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Funny thing, I can buy pump premium cheaper (and it is about 20 cents a liter cheaper) in Alberta than I can buy dyed premium in BC. Friggin' carbon tax......

I haven't really looked for dyed premium in the Pass, Pincher or Lethbridge. Maybe I should?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My grandson ran the yamaha bravo out of gas, not knowing fuels he put his dad's diesel into the tank. I will be dammed that thing ran on diesel, the yard was totally covered in blue smoke, it looked like a forest fire. I drained the fuel out put some gas in, it took quite a while to chase the rest of the diesel through the lines. End result that bravo runs way better know. Maybe the diesel dissolved all the purple residue...ha ha.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny thing, I can buy pump premium cheaper (and it is about 20 cents a liter cheaper) in Alberta than I can buy dyed premium in BC. Friggin' carbon tax......

I haven't really looked for dyed premium in the Pass, Pincher or Lethbridge. Maybe I should?

That's just local service stations ripping you off. I buy dyed premium by the barrel at the bulk plant cheaper than pump regular in town. Hmmmmm.....maybe not cheaper than Alberta premium though. BC taxes....gotta love it!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That's just local service stations ripping you off. I buy dyed premium by the barrel at the bulk plant cheaper than pump regular in town. Hmmmmm.....maybe not cheaper than Alberta premium though. BC taxes....gotta love it!

Why doo you buy so much? catinthehat tells us that if it is too cold or too little snow, or raining, or blowing, or the fish are biting, you don't ride.....:noidea:

I doo understand the tax part. Good thing for Dr. appointments, Costco runs, and anything else one has to doo in that fine province to the east.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why doo you buy so much? catinthehat tells us that if it is too cold or too little snow, or raining, or blowing, or the fish are biting, you don't ride.....:noidea:

:rolling::rolling::rolling: I can run it in my bike in the summer!

Gonna have to come up your way to find some snow I think.

Last edited:

Dustine

Reaction score
All farmers in Saskatchewan run dyed diesel in there equipment you save a tax. As for it doing harm to the fuel system ? I have repaired many large diesel engines that run dyed and clear fuel and have not ever seen that the dye has ever done any damage. it is more the crap diesel with water that blows off the tips of the injectors or at -40 jells up and causes all sorts of problems with the new high psi rail engines. Can not get dyed gas in Saskatchewan any more every time we go to BC sledding we use it. I have never got an bad fuel code using it when we go to BC and I can not say that about the so called premium gas at some of the local fuel stations CO-OP petro can Esso sell.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to find?!?!?!? Where have you looked? You can buy that chit EVERYWHERE. NAPA sells it by the case if you want.

Yes hard to find. I've never seen it in Canadian tire and the local napa is continuously sold out. I found a 4l jug there squirrelled away behind another product there once and that's the only time I've seen it. Maybe not all napa's stock it?

pizalm

Reaction score
My grandson ran the yamaha bravo out of gas, not knowing fuels he put his dad's diesel into the tank. I will be dammed that thing ran on diesel, the yard was totally covered in blue smoke, it looked like a forest fire. I drained the fuel out put some gas in, it took quite a while to chase the rest of the diesel through the lines. End result that bravo runs way better know. Maybe the diesel dissolved all the purple residue...ha ha.

Read this the other day. I don't like the stuff as a stabilizer personally.

"Seafoam is three things. Pale oil(diesel)lubricant. , heavy naptha(cleaner). Alcohol(to bind with water)

So make your own

I wouldn't use it as a stabilizer. The alcohol will bind with the water and desperate from the mix. That's fine if you're going to burn it right away but not so fine for long storage."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only fuel stabilizer you can count on is aspen fuel for all those little engines that seldom get run or trufuel. Ervins small engine in prince George for aspen fuel or homehardware for trufuel.

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just paid .92l for dyed premium at the bulk plant today. Don't know how that compares to unmarked premium at the pump, but pump regular is 99.9 in Cranbrook. Saves me a fair bit of money, but I'm a little further from Alberta than you are.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Costco in Edmonton the other day.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421725595243.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421725595243.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 140

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Costco in Edmonton the other day.

When I got my drivers license, gas had just gone up to about that and there was much fist shaking and grumbling about it.

Now it's cause for party hats and celebration. (If one ignores the big black cloud following it...)

Top Bottom