Dyed premium fuel

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yup. Definitely cheaper in Alberta. You're right Doug.....friggin' BC carbon tax! :rant:

Friggin' BC taxes in general! Now I'm hearing they want another half percent on the Vancouver area PST to once again add more money to the rapid transit fiasco. If you live in the Greater Vancouver area you would pay the extra half percent. Go to Abbotsford, Chilliwack, wherever, to buy big ticket items like appliances, vehicles, etc..

Yes Ken, whenever I go to Alberta with the truck I bring back a fair amount of gas. The wife (working in the Pass) always buys her gas there. I wished I had an easy way to unload a tidy tank!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
bought 140 liters of Premium last night for $111.50, non marked........ just throwing that out there.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You'd probably find your house insurance doesn't allow you to store that much gas on the property anyway....if you care about that kind of thing.

I know that and thanks for pointing it out. I've been doing it for years and keep telling myself that I will be careful. Between the insurance company and the local fire chief it is a no, no.

There was a time in my younger years when I would get 5 45 gallon drums of pre-mixed delivered in the fall and store on a rack beside my shop. I am still crazy and poking the bear!

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rebuilt hundreds of carbs when had the shop in Barrhead, 99% of the problems were seasonal use of the machines, the owners didnt use stabilizer or drain the carbs. so the dye ends up in the needle and seat and stops the float from moving,. I did manage to talk a few farmers into using either stabilzer or premium or drain the fuel. but most didnt. I bought a lot of gas engine vehicles from Farmers when living there, the outside of the carbs were litterally purple in color.my best one was my 86 F250 tow truck with a 300 six. I ran purple as much as I could.sold it at 750,000 kms same motor.

Top Bottom