Dutch creek/oldman river pics past weekend

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A close friend of mine nearly DIED from not wearing a helmet in a quad accident...my step mom never used to wear a helmet, the first quad trip she ever went on and wore a helmet...she flipped and the quad landed on her HEAD, her helmet was the only thing that saved her LIFE too bad she wasn't wearing goggles because guess what.....the handle bar went through her EYE!! they are great pics and thanks for sharing but please, atleast for your children's benefit...WEAR HELMETS:nono:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Where do you camp to quad this area????Looks like a place I need to check out!Awesome pictures!:d:beer::beer::d

rounder

Reaction score
where abouts is this area? is there camping there. would love to check this area out! awesome pics man

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take hiway 22 to crowsnest pass about 20 miles north of the turn off to blairmore there is a secondary road turn right it takes you to the trunk road that goes from coleman to cateract creek staging area there is dutch creek campground and horseshoe campground no services but a nice area from there you can ride to the snowcrows cabin window mountain the crowsnest quadsquad have maps of the area for 10.00

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right away with the helmet thing, YES THE KIDS ALL HAD PROTECTION SHOW ME A PICTURE WITHOUT THEM WEARING ONES AND THEY DID HAVE TEK VESTS. For the people that know me this is my FIRST trip not wearing headgear because we did have the little ones and the terrain was what you made it i didnt feel the need. The whole crew was from that area but 3 of us and I asked when we left the first day if they wear them they said no so i followed suit.

I have been driving NOT riding sleds/quads/bikes since as young as i can remember and as stated earlier this was my first ride without. I am not one of those it wont happen to me guys.

Just cause you see a few folks without one or catching some air doesnt mean everyone rides out of control and I also know its not always in the drivers hands what happens to him.

Back to the quading it was a beautiful area for surely going back later maybe after some rain it was quite dry. Dust got into my camera and screwed it so no mre pics for a bit till I buy a new one. The snowmobile shelter we found, looked familar and later found out a few of us were there years ago on some sleds.

I came south on 22 from Caroline, down to Livingston (basically the last services you will hit) Past Chain Lakes, to the Maycroft turnoff
(old service station there and some campspots down by the river, cross the river to the south side turn on grave road 517 about 21 km's west and you will come to the trunk road. About 5-6 kms north you will find the Dutch Creek campground and the west side after the Bridge. Only thing there is no service for celular around this area But there is a pay phone at the Ranger station south a few Km's from Dutch creek. It was actually nice not hearing it ring. lol

I am only 3 hrs from home to here and like i said will be going back iF ANYONE IS INTERESTED PLEASE LET ME KNOW.:beer::beer:

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only issue we had random camping at the ceazers flats area was the &(*(* cows coming into the site all the time. Every morning we would wake up to cows all around the trailer and SH*&* everywhere. Got tired of the daily clean up so we came home a little early

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We staged on the east side of the trunk road across from the Dutch Creek entrance on the other side of the texas Gate lol . There are some nice spots in there (between both rivers) but the is a few bumper dragger holes to cross to get into.:beer:

Top Bottom