Duffey Lake past Pemberton B.C. for Camping in November

SledHead RMK

Reaction score
Hey Folk's

What is the Duffey Lake Road Area just Past Pemberton B.C. Like From November 1 to 30th heading in there Camping with Friends . never been camping in there in November so I dont know if there is snow in the area .. Any locals been in that area around then ..:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowrideadventures.com
Very high probability of snow, probably not enough to ride though. Great area, but that is maybe the one month of the year to stay out of there. If the weather is good, it could be great.

Last edited:

SledHead RMK

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip I am going in camping but also hunting with friends in there .. would you think it would be wise to bring the sled for a emergency while were in there to be safe ?

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Sounds like fun, Not sure about sledding though, I would think you might end up with an emergency if you try riding around there at that time of the year. I would check whistlerblackcomb.com and see what the webcams are showing and if they are publishing snow reports yet. The Duffy is a bit dryer than Whistler, so whatever Whistler is reporting, half that. Usually that area starts rocking mid december, but I do remember Rob Alford taking about one area up there being a good early season zone, it has kind of turned into an area I drive through, not to anymore. Too many knife-edge ridge lines for my liking, more backcountry skier terrain than sledder terrain. I would think quads might serve you better for your trip. Have fun!

Thanks for the tip I am going in camping but also hunting with friends in there .. would you think it would be wise to bring the sled for a emergency while were in there to be safe ?

SledHead RMK

Reaction score
Well I was only going to camp and Hunt deer for the weekend . Just didnt want to get the pick-up stuck and un-stuck . I have never sledded near or around Pemberton so I didnt want to get caught off guard with snow yhats all it's not a hard hunt looking for a doe During the start or the rut got a LEH tag .

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Fair enough, I just didn't want you to be disappointed. I forgot that BC Highway cams has a camera up there. B.C. Highway Cams

It should give you enough info to make an educated decision. Sounds like a fun weekend. Cheers!-J

Well I was only going to camp and Hunt deer for the weekend . Just didnt want to get the pick-up stuck and un-stuck . I have never sledded near or around Pemberton so I didnt want to get caught off guard with snow yhats all it's not a hard hunt looking for a doe During the start or the rut got a LEH tag .

Top Bottom