Driveshaft Bulletin!!!

1mcatman

Reaction score
Hope i get those clamps soon tyson im starting t wander if i should wait till i get hem to ride???screw it im going anyway....think chris has a track # for my clamps

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, no recall-YET.

I wonder, do they want the pro owners to go out and ride as usual.... how about a chopper bill? Would they cover that?

I myself would hate to be a pull start away from going over the bars.

I think doo did it right 5 years ago and replaced them all for re-assurance.

Good luck with this, it is long from over, I think.

So is it better to put those clamps on and reduce the chance of a failure,(because it isn't a true fix. I think it is a band-aid till a replacement new shaft comes out) or do the old drop test on the ground without it, like I saw in a vid... first.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
So, no recall-YET.

I wonder, do they want the pro owners to go out and ride as usual.... how about a chopper bill? Would they cover that?

I myself would hate to be a pull start away from going over the bars.

I think doo did it right 5 years ago and replaced them all for re-assurance.

Good luck with this, it is long from over, I think.

So is it better to put those clamps on and reduce the chance of a failure,(because it isn't a true fix. I think it is a band-aid till a replacement new shaft comes out) or do the old drop test on the ground without it, like I saw in a vid... first.

This would be a great time to start a chopper rescue business.....probably pay for the thing in the first month..... :rolleyes:

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Quote; So is it better to put those clamps on and reduce the chance of a failure,(because it isn't a true fix. I think it is a band-aid till a replacement new shaft comes out) or do the old drop test on the ground without it, like I saw in a vid... first.

The clamps might be good insurance.....I would think they would be replacing all driveshafts.....its the only real way to fix this issue.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Holy Christ you guys are worse then a bunch of women get out and ride the god damn things i just got back from Golden 3 2013 pros in our group rode the ch!t out of them not one lick of grief actually had to pull a new xm out of silent im thinking our odds were pretty good any how.

Thats good news.....hopefully its just an isolated issue....:rolleyes:

509style

Reaction score
I was in revy Thurs, Fri , Sat seen 6 at boulder being choppered or pulled out. Due to driveshaft failures. I myself have a stock 2013 Pro RMK 800. I had no issues other then a weird sound coming from the drive line. After talking and seeing the damages that occured I went home! Along with another guy with the same sled.
There is not enough meat on the drive shaft, a clamp may prolong it but it will just tear further back.
Otherwise sled is fantastic!
I predict the number of failures over the weekend will go from 70 to well over 100.

snowhunter

Reaction score
The clamp may not fix it but it helps 200 miles on mine now working awesome I don't mean to be rude here but buy a set of clamps clamp the thing and get out riding before the winter passes us all by while we debate the ins and outs of this shaft on the Internet yes it's prolly a fail on polarises part but I've rode all 4 brands in the last ten years and new models and new tech come with a price thank god people build parts to keep us going enjoy the snow make some miles lets ride :)

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I was in revy Thurs, Fri , Sat seen 6 at boulder being choppered or pulled out. Due to driveshaft failures. I myself have a stock 2013 Pro RMK 800. I had no issues other then a weird sound coming from the drive line. After talking and seeing the damages that occured I went home! Along with another guy with the same sled.
There is not enough meat on the drive shaft, a clamp may prolong it but it will just tear further back.
Otherwise sled is fantastic!
I predict the number of failures over the weekend will go from 70 to well over 100.

Holy crap!!!!....79 and counting

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The service bullitin is only in regards to sleds ridden by Snow And Mud members? Beat me to it Duck, regardless this is a major embarassment for team Polaris!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, Polaris had 70 total confirmed as of yesterday.....

The service bullitin is only in regards to sleds ridden by Snow And Mud members? Beat me to it Duck, regardless this is a major embarassment for team Polaris!!

I guess that could be taken 2 ways Trencher. Lol. 70 confirmed by Polaris and 9 more by Duck. I was assuming the last 9 were from site members and I am also assuming there are others that have failed from non site members. Sorry for the confusion. Lol.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I guess that could be taken 2 ways Trencher. Lol. 70 confirmed by Polaris and 9 more by Duck. I was assuming the last 9 were from site members and I am also assuming there are others that have failed from non site members. Sorry for the confusion. Lol.

3 more earlier and then another guy posted about 6 but who knows untill they hit the dealers....in any case, weekend is not over and how many more guys are riding with potential failures? Sad really.....:(

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Of course not....it was originally posted in snowest, lots of concerned people too

I love my sled but I can't say I'm impressed with the response by Polaris on this, maybe they are just biding there time till they get a better handle on the situation. Just giving you a hard time Snopro, there was no confusion on my part.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are unproven parts still making it out to the public, the manufacturers need to do more testing on new technology, and quit having the public do their r&d for them. Polaris should pay the chopper bills.

Top Bottom